Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K, i just got my first..well 2nd mustang about 5 months ago it's a 82 GT, and my friend just got a 1993 eagle talon no turbo...both cars are basically stock, his is a 1.8 liter...(all together now..hahahahaha) and mine is of course a 5.0 liter, my only mod is a functional hood scoop. He still thinks he could smoke my car in a 1/4...what do u guys think???? And for the record my car's in better shape, he's been running it with tar for oil and almost no coolant, plus some how oil leaks from the block????? His manifold is rusted too and his pipe is cracked at the cat...so i guess he has better air flow:laughlitt He also has a trailer hitch for when i have to pull him out of the ditch!!!! Neways, who do u think would win???

·
Registered
248 Posts
Well, I used to have a 1990 Eclipse, which is the same as his talon, exact same car, only his was a talon, and mine had raising lights. Mine was the turbo 2.0 DOHC, and I bet an would be a good race for it. I know for a fact that there is no way in hell if his engine was MINT condition that he could run with you. That is two completely different leagues, and that car would only be brought into your league if it was turbo.

·
Registered
248 Posts
dont need anyone else, if his isnt turbo, it would be a good race for a 4 cylinder mustang, a 5.0 would smoke him, even if it had been run into the ground.

·
Registered
150 Posts
spot him a car length..... should be funny :thumbsup

G

·
Yeah, there's no way a 1.8 will touch you, no matter how much traction he has, unless it's forcefed. Like GhostlyStang said, spot him a car length and you'll have even more of a reason to laugh at him.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lmao

Ya but i'm already laughing at him so much...i fell kinda bad, well maybe not. When it happens i'll tell ya the results...lol:evilchuck

·
Registered
150 Posts
ya defintaly wanna hear about it when it happens :heha:

·
Registered
7 Posts
are you sure he doesn't really have the 2.0 liter turbo? I cant see anyone wanting to race the 1.8 models? But then again, older stock 5.0's have real low power. If he has the turbo, he will embarass you. I smoked so many mustangs and camaros in my old 90 turbo eclipse.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yeh i used to have a turbo eclipse, and i smoked this kids 67 Camaro, with fake ss tags on it. It looked brand new, and sounded bad as **** and he punched it everywhere he went, so I was beside of him at a light in my 90 GST, and I stomped, him, turned out his SS tags were fake when he tried selling it on ebay someone looked up the code on the car it it was not an ss.

·
Registered
150 Posts
haha thats funny

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.