Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why do think i was able to pull away from a 1996 chevy z28 camaro from a stop up to 3rd gear i i spun pretty good through 1st but hooked up pretty good after that by the time i was in 3rd i was about a 1 1/2 cars in front

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know my car is a 5spd with a pro 5.0 shifter but still have the stock 225-55-16 iwant to go to 245-50-16 for a bit more traction as it is now i cant lounch my fox at anything more than 2500 or it spins

·
Registered
883 Posts
They're wayyy heavier. It was probably an auto too...They're ok but you got a light mustang with lots of torque. It doesn't matter why all it matters is mustang 1- camaro 0.

·
Registered
391 Posts
My camaro was a auto. It was pretty fast, dont really remember, but I have 245s on my stang and its cool, you should try a larger tire, definetely. I have 225s on the front, 245s are way too wide for the front, they look like ass. I put them on the front cause my friend said I should and the car sat ther at pepboys when I went to pick it up and it looked like ass. Luckily I had the guy who was my friends father, swap them out.

Get the 245s, or get some 10 hole 15 inch rims and put some drags on the car! Thats what I may have in mind if I plan on taking the stang racing seriously on a drag strip. :scratchchin

·
Registered
55 Posts
very good kill when they have bigger engine then ours 5.7 vs 5.0 :bigthumbsup
hopefully it wasn't a 3.8 with the decals :hihi:
we have a mustang GT with dual exhaust big chrome wheels,in my shop, took it out for a test drive, i was like this thing don't have the power of the V.8, pop the hood, it was a 3.8 V6,the guys spend alot of money too make it look like a V8, i felt bad for the guy, with all the money into it he could got a V8.

·
Registered
489 Posts
good kill mustang 1 camaro 0:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
144 Posts
96 Z28's came with the weaker LT1 engine. I used to spank them in my foxes up and down on a daily basis.

LT1's, however, are a tougher opponent. They pull significantly harder.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I think you met LS1 ruge.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
yes he MENT LS1! lol :bigthumbsup. 5.0s arn't the quickest mustang eaither. about what 190hp wheel stock? not bad at all, great job on smoking them hogs

·
Registered
55 Posts
the stock 5.0 wasn't a big power house, but was the best bang for the bucks, plus the sound of the after market exhaust for the 5.0 sounds really good though :shigrin

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope when i am able to rebuild the engine in my fox i would like to get afr 185 heads but that is not in my budget because i would like to get a kene bell 2.2 supercharger and get a pair gt-40p heads i can get them for nothing on ebay and mybe a custome cam i think that would be enough to hold my own against a ls1.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts