Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..fond this super charger for an awsome price..(sn93) paxton....the guy is including everything from headunit , to injector!....he had this on a.98 gt...(with a custom bracket)...wondering if this will bolt straight up to my 02 gt..(using the same custom backet)...r will this supercharger just give me headaches?....thanks in advance to any useful advice given.:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actual question,, no need for making me look stupid...just dnt know crap about sc's...thanks if u can help.:worship

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
Actual question,, no need for making me look stupid...just dnt know crap about sc's...thanks if u can help.:worship
lol....I wasn't trying to make you look stupid.

It has sit here almost all day without anyone replying...I know why I didn't reply and can only assume why others haven't

Simply put...its a stupid question. Lets summarize you post.

Hey gang, I have a blower that has a "CUSTOM" bracket made to fit a 98 mustang. Do you think it will fit my '02

Really? Who in the world would know if a custom bracket someone else made to fit one car will fit another.....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The guy said it wud cuz they are the same engine.....this sc was.made for a 93...he made a bracket to fit a 2v v8.....just trying to find out the truth before spending money on something I wont be able to use...ok...think...u know where the sc bolt to the engine...is there any difference between the two...thats all im asking..

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
considering where it does sit....nobody knows.

Its still a custom bracket and nobody has any clue what he may or may not have taken off of or put on his car compared to a stock '02

On top of that...its a custom bracket...he could have mounted it anywhere as long as its belt driven.

Heck, I know guys that have made custom brackets and pipes for turbos to go in the trunk.

Again, nobody will know, nor can they answer this question.

If you really want to know and find the answer out. Tell him you will pay for it....if and after he mounts it to your car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow..thanks....actual good advice...i will do...i still appreciate the advice ,after being called stupid (indirectly) on numerous occasions, in the last five.mins....but thanks.:bigthumbsup

·
Banned
3,705 Posts
WTF...

A head unit for a '93 with a custom bracket for a 2002 but you want to put it on a '98? ok...

I thought centri blowers for 5.0's were CW rotation.

Just assuming it was a 5.0 in the '93. I dunno.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
if it worked on a 98 it should work on an 02...know there is custom tuning and fuel upgrades that must be addressed...how much is he asking for this unit?

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
yeah, that's a great deal, even if doesn't work, it's worth $2000+ all day unless the head unit is trashed

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Keep in mind the Timing cover and belt routing between the 98 and 02 are different. Depending what holes were used for the mounting bracket you may have issues.

·
Banned
3,705 Posts
That's pretty cool that he got the CW rotational supercharger on there.
Since it was on an 02, you'll need an FMU... but I'm not real up to speed on what fuel components work best on the 96-98 cars. Realize they have a different fuel set-up than the 99 and up cars.

Is he kicking in the dryer hose as part of the deal?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts