Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wondering how tough this conversion ends up being, mainly due to my monsterous time constraints. I could split up the front and rear, but I basically have to drive my car everyday... Also, what all should I pull off the SN95 in the rear? I think in the front i should only need the spindles and the rotor/caliper. The rear i think its rotor/caliper/"anti moan bracket" (by the way does this just hold the caliper in place or what?) Axles/... I think thats it right? I found an SN95 that i may be abvle to get the parts off of, thanks guys

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also realize that I need an MC, lines, do I need the proportioning valve? Dust Shields also.

By the way, is it just me, or does 5.0Resto have incredible prices on calipers and rotors? They have drilled and slotted rotors for only 149.99 a pair! Also theyre Bullitt calipers are only like 250 with pads... That seems pretty reasonable, but the rotors are cheap! I know the cross drilling is not really any better and prone to cracking, but they are oh so pretty!

Anyone who has done this also please let me know how much you spent total, thanks

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Stangboy5666 said:
I also realize that I need an MC, lines, do I need the proportioning valve? Dust Shields also.
...not to mention a set of five-lug wheels. Yeah, you definitly need the MC, and proportioning valve. Try to get them off of the same donor car with the lines between them remaining intact. I'm not sure about plug 'n' play on the lines, there are bound to be differences...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah Im kind of wavering right now between getting a set of five lugs for my conversion, or just redrilling the rotors and dust shields and running 16" ponys cause I love the pony wheels and I can get a nice set for cheap. I know going five lug opens a lot more doors for brakes and for wheels, but.... Im torn....

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I think they make 5 lug ponys, they're probably expensive though. I'd rather spend my paltry $ on increased power, and just slow down earlier.:happyhapp

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Stick with 94-95 Front Spindles, the newer ones will increase your front track too much. You will need a 3-2 kit also with an adj. prop valve, you can just swap the entire rear from a 94-98 if you dont want to go through the hassle of changing parts. You will have to get FMS handbrake cables and modify your handbrake too. It is not a job to rush as your safety and everyone else out on the roads safety too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.