Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering about the powerband of 96-98 mustangs. Where does actual pulling power stop on them? Because When I am just having some fun runs, I notice that it stops the pulling as hard right after ~4000 RPMs So would I benefit from shifting earlier? Or would that put me too low in the powerband, therefore hurting my acceleration? I just have a NPI with full bolt ons, and 3.73 gears.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Most NPI cars get their best times shifting around 5200. You'll have to play with it to find the sweet spot though.

·
Banned
3,705 Posts
I am just wondering about the powerband of 96-98 mustangs. Where does actual pulling power stop on them? Because When I am just having some fun runs, I notice that it stops the pulling as hard right after ~4000 RPMs So would I benefit from shifting earlier? Or would that put me too low in the powerband, therefore hurting my acceleration? I just have a NPI with full bolt ons, and 3.73 gears.
Suckage. I've never driven a Non PI 'Stang much. Actually I've only driven one once and I barely remember it. If that's the case, you need to do a PI swap. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Suckage. I've never driven a Non PI 'Stang much. Actually I've only driven one once and I barely remember it. If that's the case, you need to do a PI swap. :bigthumbsup
Lol yeah its a bummer having all that torque, and then having it cut off. But trust me, its on the top of my list. Haha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts