Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I don't know what this kid was thinking. He weaved in and out of traffic, and cut me off at some point only to line up next to me at a light on a semi deserted stretch of road. I had to turn my stereo down to actually hear that he was revving his V6 wanting to race. Well, it didn't end very well for him because his car disappeared so fast in my rear view, it wasn't even funny.

I only have a ford racing suspension, JLT cold air intake, 93 octane premium tune, and BFG KDW2 tires. His seemed bone stock, therefore, it was like him bringing nothing but a box of rocks to a gun fight.

Earlier in the night I had a STi wanting to race, but traffic was way too heavy on the stretch of road that he kept wanting to light to light race. Furthermore, the AWD STi had the advantage up to 60 MPH. Sadly, even if we both hit 60, we would have had to immediately brake to stop at the next light or drop to 45 MPH so we wouldn't get nailed by the speed cameras.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
yeah, I have alot more fun with those kids with my Infiniti...what looks like a 4 door Grandpa car is a wolf in sheep's clothing...most will respect the car with the Snake on the side.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, I remember the first time I beat a SN95 Mustang GT with my 2007 Accord V6 6MT sedan. The Mustang owner followed me to a gas station then proceeded to ask me what the hell I had done to my Accord. Umm, nothing, it's bone stock.

Well, I did have Pilot Sports to help with the grip. Other than that, it was a 14 second car, which wasn't bad for a grocery getter.

·
Registered
806 Posts
yea i had the same thing happen to me back when i had my 96 z28. a kid in maybe a 95 rs(3.8 v6) tried to race me. he kept pulling up beside me and taking off as fast as he could. Finally i got tired of listening to his v6 with open headers fly by so i raced him. we started from a dig and i took it up to about 70(55 mph speed limit) couldnt even see him after the first 2 secs. he did fly by later and gave me a thumbs up.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Hey im that V6 kid. Nah just joking. however sometimes we do stuff to get a GT or better fed up so they'll take off and we can be like "holy **** thats sexy". Of course i only do the anoying reving and screaming "come at me bro". Id never endanger another mustangs life.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts