Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sn 95 and a s197 both are GT's. I have 18x9's on the sn95 and the stockers on the s197. Will the wheels off of my 1997 mustang gt fit on my 05 mustang gt. I know that the lug pattern is the same. The back spacing and the off set is what i am concerned with. Particulally in the front of the car. The wheels are obviouosly going to stick out more than the stock wheels. I just wanted to make sure that they would not scrub anything in the front of the car. Has anyone tried this ???

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
They will stick out to much. I would not advice this because of the amount of spacers that would be needed.

I have never put SN95 wheels on my car but I was able to fit Bogarts that are made for an 04 Cobra on my car and they stuck out allot and rubbed against my fenders when I would launch.

·
Registered
157 Posts
When we traded the 2001 GT vert in on the '07 GT coupe, I kept the 18X10 FR500s from the SN95 and ran them on my S197 for about a month.

The front was out of the fender about 1/8th to 1/16th of an inch, but the rear stuck out 1/2" or greater (probably because of the 295/30R18 tires).

It looks funny, but they can be run. You just need to worry about paint chips with the tires exceeding the width of the actual wheel wells.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They will stick out to much. I would not advice this because of the amount of spacers that would be needed.

I have never put SN95 wheels on my car but I was able to fit Bogarts that are made for an 04 Cobra on my car and they stuck out allot and rubbed against my fenders when I would launch.
Thanks for the advice the wheels with stay on the SN95. Just so you know a 04 cobra is a SN95. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks for the advice.The wheels will stay on the SN95. Just so you know a 04 Cobra is a SN95.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Thanks for the advice.The wheels will stay on the SN95. Just so you know a 04 Cobra is a SN95.:bigthumbsup
Yes I know. I thought you meant OEM S95 Wheels. The Bogarts that were on my friends Cobra were not to the exact same specs as stock SN95 wheels :) sense they are custom made.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I know. I thought you meant OEM S95 Wheels. The Bogarts that were on my friends Cobra were not to the exact same specs as stock SN95 wheels :) sense they are custom made.
I see what you are saying either way they were designed for the SN95. You made your point.

Hey I was looking at that picture of your supercharger. How much did it cost to get it installed? If you put it on yourself how bad was it? I have never put one on but it doesent look that hard. I was trying to get together a real world estimate of how much it would cost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.