Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new 2011 V6 Mustang has 18" wheels. I purchased new snow tires just last season for my old 2008 V6 Mustang which had 17" wheels. I would like to use my GoodYear Nordic Trac snows on 17" wheels on the 2011. Is that possible? If I buy 17" alloy wheels for the snows, will there be clearance issues on the 2011? I'm concerned about clearing the brake calipers.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I too have a 11 v6 with 18s on it and i am curious about it. Seeing as we both live in Calgary, we know what kind of weather we are dealing with.

My other question is, would switching the rims to steel or cheap alloy require a new set of tpms sensors? I work for a local Honda Dealer and I know that if you change your rims you have to get a new set of tpms sensors. If you dont get the sensors, you cant disable the Traction Control system if you get stuck in a snow drift and you would be unable to "rock" your self out.

·
Registered
389 Posts
The base '11 V6 still comes with 17" wheels so they should fit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My dealer is telling me I can't get 18" wheels on a new V6. Only stock 17's, or 19's with Performance Pack. They say I the 18's are only available on GT Models. Anybody shed some light on this. Thanks

·
Registered
392 Posts
My dealer is telling me I can't get 18" wheels on a new V6. Only stock 17's, or 19's with Performance Pack. They say I the 18's are only available on GT Models. Anybody shed some light on this. Thanks
Shouldn't be a problem, my V6 Coupe with Pony package has 18's.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wonder if you have to get the Pony Package to get 18's. Or maybe the dealer isn't knowledgeable about this option. They told me they werre reading off todays latest option list, and the GT was the only model that could be ordered with 18's. Confusing.

·
Registered
332 Posts
You need to get a V6 Premium, then add either Pony or MCA Pkg to get 18" wheels on a V6.

There is no way to get 18's on a base model V6, but you can get the PP pkg w/ 19's, so maybe this is what he was talking about when he said your choices were 17 or 19".

Doug

·
Registered
34 Posts
This may be too late for ya', but my dealership says that the 17" x 7.5 stock steel wheels off of the Crown Vic. will fit. I sure hope so cause' I ordered up a set. I'm not 100% convinced, so I'm gonna' do a test fit before I purchase a set of Goodyear Nordic 235/55 - 17"s. I hopefully pick up my new ride (2011 V6 kona blue Mustang) on Monday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.