Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many of you, we got hit with our first winter storm that last couple of days. I had managed to get my bike put away for the season Sunday but not yet the Mustang. I took it out for a bit Sunday night after it started and it performed horribly in the little snow that was already on the ground. Anyway I started digging it out last night. I'll get it out of there by the weekend to change the oil, then stabilize the fuel, clear out that corner of the rest of the snow and put it back with the battery tender and cover where it will stay under snow for the winter. Any plans for yours?

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have a brand new set of snow tires installed, and am looking forward to the first good snowfall to hit my area. :smile::smile::smile:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Like many of you, we got hit with our first winter storm that last couple of days. I had managed to get my bike put away for the season Sunday but not yet the Mustang. I took it out for a bit Sunday night after it started and it performed horribly in the little snow that was already on the ground. Anyway I started digging it out last night. I'll get it out of there by the weekend to change the oil, then stabilize the fuel, clear out that corner of the rest of the snow and put it back with the battery tender and cover where it will stay under snow for the winter. Any plans for yours?
Talk about some snow, 20.3" total in Dracut, judging by your location you must have gotten around the same. I run snow tires on mine but I don't drive it while it's snowing. I usually try to work from home when we get the over night storms like we just had.

Reactions: scotmo

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I use to live in Surprise AZ, I got tired of the sun tooth.gif
I lived just South of Flagstaff in Kachina Village and used to get snowed in there.
I still remember the 4 foot of snow we got in Billerica in 1978 also.

·
Administrator
13,257 Posts
Mine sits in it`s own small garage, but I did order a new Ariens snow blower for when we do get hammered. :)

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote

·
Registered
321 Posts
Here in southwestern Il. snow is hit or miss. Thirty or more years ago you could count on some pretty good snowfalls, but we haven't had much in quite some time. Two years ago we didn't have any measurable snowfall. I spent my working life outdoors [ RR switchman/brakeman ] and I really don't miss the snow. The state DOT still puts salt or salt brine on the roads if the weather looks like snow or ice, especially on bridges. I've never driven my '14 GT in the snow or when we have a lot of salt/brine on the roads, but I still try to drive it at least once every couple of weeks if possible.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I live below the snow line. If I need to take a trip to snowy areas I can always take my F350 FX4 dually. I have M+S all terrain tires on all wheels. I also carry chains for both front and rear wheels. I have Spikes Spider Sport traction control devices for my Mustang if I need to take it to the snow.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I lived just South of Flagstaff in Kachina Village and used to get snowed in there.
I still remember the 4 foot of snow we got in Billerica in 1978 also.
AHHH YES the Blizzard of '78 I as a kid had a lot of fun

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Here is S/W Florida it got down to 52* last night,with a high of 77* today,my Mustang is in the garage buy not covered yet. LOL.
So drive it during the day and cover her at night when it gets chilly? LOL

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote

·
Super Moderator
7,821 Posts
Power cord? Battery Tender? You have one of those Mustang EVs they talk about. LOL.

I feel blessed that I do not have winters like you have. They look fun at first but when my fingers and toes start tingling and I talk like a drunk and start slobbering I know I've had enough cold.

Reactions: scotmo

·
Registered
980 Posts
We haven't had any snow here in the greater Seattle area so I haven't had to worry about putting my 66 away. Of course, it's still sitting in it's portable garage waiting for it's new paint job. It'll get fired up again shortly (just to keep fluids circulated), but probably won't get out for repaint until spring.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I put mine away before Thanksgiving. The roads in southern New England suck even in good weather, so I had enough.

Pete

·
Registered
60 Posts
Winter has come to MN. My Mustangs have been garaged since early Nov. I have my own two car garage for my Mustangs. Yes, my winter driver SUV sits outside. I have had to shovel & move snow a couple of times already. I did have my snowblower fully serviced this summer so I guess at least that is ready for what is coming at us. I go to my Mustang garage daily just to look at them. I have both of them up on jack stands to protect the tires from flat spots. What do you do regarding the tires? Do you put your car up on jack stands for the winter?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts