Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
i live in a new building...they have the garages built but waiting on zoning laws or something....so i'm waiting...snow was supposed to be 2 days away....i had a nice cover bought and everything...went to bed....and woke up to this!!!! heres before and after....what do i do if it has to stay outside another month?

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
Move to San Diego! No, just kidding. As long as your baby has a few good coats of wax and you're careful when you scrape and/or wipe the snow off you shouldn't have any problems. I would cover her up every night from now on though.
I was born and raised in Connecticut, so I know about snow (Hey, I'm poet and I didn't even acknowledge the fact.) SNOW SUCKS!!!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
It's just snow. It's not gunna do anything to the paint. Now if that was a coating of salt on your car instead of snow, I'd be worried. But my old mustang sat outside many winters and it's paint is fine. That's why we wax it 3 or 4 times a year, ya know?

·
Registered
269 Posts
If it gets windy where you live I would pass on using the car cover, it was my experience that they seem to wear at the paint where ever there is a ridge/contact point between the cover and your paint if exposed to lots of wind. Mind you I'm basing that on my experience from 10 years ago (have'nt used one since then) and maybe the newer more expensive ones are softer and/or fit more snugly so you don't get this "sandpaper effect" happening. If you do use the cover make sure that gorgeous ride is really clean with lots of wax. As Twoscoops said snow will not hurt anything.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
geeze, it's just cold rain :evillol:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
nghtrnnr said:
i live in a new building...they have the garages built but waiting on zoning laws or something....so i'm waiting...snow was supposed to be 2 days away....i had a nice cover bought and everything...went to bed....and woke up to this!!!! heres before and after....what do i do if it has to stay outside another month?
Poor thing looks all cold and unhappy. We got a dusting here and the salt/dirt spreader jerks went out in force. What a f-ing mess they make out of nothing. The salt and rock chunks are gumball size. Ostentatious waste of tax dollars. :sterb:

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
sonny1213 said:
Poor thing looks all cold and unhappy. We got a dusting here and the salt/dirt spreader jerks went out in force. What a f-ing mess they make out of nothing. The salt and rock chunks are gumball size. Ostentatious waste of tax dollars. :sterb:
I like when they throw down salt, after the ice is already melted on the main roads, so the salt just flies up and hits your car as you're driving...always fun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well it'll just stay in that corner then...wont ever venture out...and youre saying dont go with the cover then...leave her with the snow buildup.....cause i think my chance to clean her has passed with that last snow fall....just wondering how the stripe will hold up without the cover...

·
Registered
435 Posts
I live on a military installation, up here in sunny northern NY. We get lots of snow, and I have nothing to park my mustang under, it just sits there and gets buried. I simply dig it out, brush it off, and enjoy.

A mustang is a great car, but it's no ferrari. It'll get snowed on, and it shouldn't hurt anything. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
snowing rite now here in southern nj, news said 5-7in:eyebulge:

SNOW SUCKS

·
Registered
403 Posts
I agree with the guys above- snow wont harm a thing, no worse than any other water(acid rain maybe?). Its traces of salt that gets into hidden areas like pinch welds, and rots out stuff.
Car covers outside = bad...you should see the paint on my 69 fastback- it sat out for about 6 months while I was redoing the frame on my 65 gal, and the cover really ate up the paint. With no engine in it, had to keep it covered as didnt want to risk getting cited by city(stupid law). wind flapping the cover does rub damage lot like a bra on frontend. I guess if you keep it dust free, and waxed, might be ok, but what I found was what looked like treepollen can rinse thru the cover(like I said- sat 6 months- never pulled) and when I pulled it off, the car was covered in powder- and the paint is a mess...I kinda think keeping damp did a lot of the damage, as I know we get some acid rain here, usually just leaves spots where it dries, but under the cover it had a field day.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Crazy001 said:
I live on a military installation, up here in sunny northern NY. We get lots of snow, and I have nothing to park my mustang under, it just sits there and gets buried. I simply dig it out, brush it off, and enjoy.

A mustang is a great car, but it's no ferrari. It'll get snowed on, and it shouldn't hurt anything. :)
Northern Noo Yawk? Naw, you guys don't get much snow...

http://www.usps.org/localusps/pompano/images/Syracuse-Fulton_Snow-1-1.jpg

I like your attitude, Crazy...gonna hold onto that thought this winter...

·
Registered
590 Posts
ckp73 said:
Move to San Diego! No, just kidding. As long as your baby has a few good coats of wax and you're careful when you scrape and/or wipe the snow off you shouldn't have any problems. I would cover her up every night from now on though.
I was born and raised in Connecticut, so I know about snow (Hey, I'm poet and I didn't even acknowledge the fact.) SNOW SUCKS!!!
What area of San Diego? I'm in Chula Vista (Eastlake).
http://www.cardomain.com/id/msgt46270

·
Registered
118 Posts
nghtrnnr said:
get a grip man, IT"S ONLY SNOW. brush the snow off, let it dry and put the cover on. mine is covered sitting in the driveway with about five inches of snow on it and i am not freaking out. fact of life, snow happens if you live up north. ;<) sure is nice to be retired so i do not have to mess with the northern va-dc area drivers. you talk about people freaking out when it snows. some of them have never seen snow before and they drive like it.

Jon :) :laughlitt .

found this previous post.

nghtrnnr vbmenu_register("postmenu_390607", true);

oh for cryin out loud guys....so what if salt gets on the bottom...i plan to drive this car evry dry day i got...i put mine up for a good part of the winter not so much for salty days but cause of bad drivers...really....i drove my other mustang all winter last year and the only thing affected by the salt was the chrome wheels..(dont drive the shiny ones in the winter!!!) heres what you should worry about....shopping carts outside of supermarkets...little guys throwin footballs...any women or chinese drives within a 20ft radius of your car and spontaneous games of dodgeball on your block...do you know how much salt you have to accumulate under your car to affect your performance? and if your worried about how it'll look under your car.................dude you could be hit by a meteor tomorrow...drive hard and love the women harder today

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
93gt i said all that before it was MY car in it:sosad: (i swear the new mustang is like christine to all of us...lol...)anyway my main concern isnt the snow on the paint..its the snow on the vinyl stripe...i'm driving my knockaround 2000 mustang in the winter and to work in the summer...dont have any problems but that stripe on the new one worries me....its really a 400 dollar sticker....and oh yeah crazy001.....THIS MUSTANG IS MY FERRARI!!!:sterb:

Attachments

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
nghtrnnr said:
93gt i said all that before it was MY car in it:sosad: (i swear the new mustang is like christine to all of us...lol...)anyway my main concern isnt the snow on the paint..its the snow on the vinyl stripe...i'm driving my knockaround 2000 mustang in the winter and to work in the summer...dont have any problems but that stripe on the new one worries me....its really a 400 dollar sticker....and oh yeah crazy001.....THIS MUSTANG IS MY FERRARI!!!:sterb:
It would probably depend on the quality of the stripe material, I would worry more about sun damage to it. I had a 86 GT with a factory decal on the hood (which I hated) and it did fade after a few years.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nghtrnnr Idiot Racist/Sexist Comments..

93GT_RagTop said:
found this previous post.

nghtrnnr vbmenu_register("postmenu_390607", true);

.... chinese drives within a 20ft radius of your car and spontaneous games of dodgeball on your block...
:sterb: :sterb: :sterb: :sterb: :sterb:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Snow not too bad Drive!!!!

First day with more then a inch.. It did O.K....
I remember driving i the 70's with rear wheel drive..
It ain't so bad you just have to drive smart with
your head !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:winks

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
lovcom said:
:sterb: :sterb: :sterb: :sterb: :sterb:
Here we go.
The politically correct police are out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.