Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was there from 7:00am (for tech), got my first pass at 10:30. There must have been 400 cars, because there was 8 groups they were calling to the staging lanes. From what I could tell, it looked like about 50 cars per group.

Even though I got 4 passes (they closed the staging lanes at 4:30), I liked this track. The prep was really good (got my best 60 foot and ET there) and I liked all the different cars.

There was everything from SRT8 magnums (one supercharged) SRT8 300, SRT4's, z06 vettes, some 350 Z's, a roush mustang (I think it was a stage III) that was running 12.0's, alot of stock 2005/2006 mustangs but they were running 14.2's, 14.4's. Alot of those times were with manual transmissions....you could tell the drivers needed more practice shifting and leaving the line properly!

All and all a fun day. I wish more fast fords showed up though. The highlight of the day was when an outlaw mustang made a "test pass". This thing was insane.....he ran a 11.15 et, but he lifted at the 1/8 mile mark!! That thing looked like it would be in the 8's on a full pass....

·
Registered
136 Posts
I wish I had a vid of this s-10 I ran. That thing was a beast. It ran a hair over 18 and his r/t was comatose.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
You should see this S10 that runs here in VA. Well, I should say it was once an S10, now its a full blown drag racer. It ran low 5's in the 1/8 all day long. :worship

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tw0scoops123 said:
What was the machine? I'm having trouble viewing the clip.
The wicked machine was a 90's something toyota truck 2wd.....he turned a blistering 16.43.....he must have made a wrong turn somewhere and ended up at the race track....

It was frustrating for me....everytime I went to the staging lanes I tried to line up with a wrx, or a srt 4, or a vette, etc. but something always happened to the line to where I ended up racing stuff like that.

Last race was interesting, though. I ended up against a 69 mustang coupe that was tubbed. I had a way better reaction time and was ahead at the 1/8 mile....but then he blew past me and took my paint off at the 1000 foot mark.

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
psfracer said:
It was frustrating for me....everytime I went to the staging lanes I tried to line up with a wrx, or a srt 4, or a vette, etc. but something always happened to the line to where I ended up racing stuff like that.
It could be worse. Every time I line up I seem to be going against a hot rod running 6's in the 1/8th. :sosad:

·
Registered
244 Posts
http://media.putfile.com/Complete-Me-at-California-Dragway-12-Nov-05
those were my runs...I'm such a newbie...hahahaha...first race was my first ever virgin track run of my life...got a 14.2 with traction control on and a launch from idle...hahahaha...it was against an 05 GT that I guess didn't do any better...hahahaha
the second one I did a tiny launch, but missed 3rd gear...it was against some dude from my car club...aw man good times...I really went out there just to get a baseline for myself...I know what my car is capable of, I don't do the magazine racing but I know what my car is capable of, but I needed to see what I'm capable of u know...now that I know, I know it's time to practice...when I ran those times I was bone stock except for the pro chamber and mufflers...I plan on doing more mods like I just did and not race again till May of 06 and see how I do then...then I will try and go regularly till I get good times by myself...

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yorchi,

I say you come out January 14th....I think the more practice runs you get, the better. You could practice launching to see what gets you your best 60 foot...

·
Registered
244 Posts
psfracer said:
Yorchi,

I say you come out January 14th....I think the more practice runs you get, the better. You could practice launching to see what gets you your best 60 foot...
I thought the season was ending on Dec 3...but either way...Jan 14 I'm doing a dyno day in Santee CA...and I promised myself I won't race until my birthday...May 1...I wanna be able to run 13's with no practice, no launch...just all mods...hahahahahaha...I'm getting drag launch springs in January and JBA Shorty Headers in April...so I should be good...then I'll go every month and work it down to as low as I could by Dec of next year...I wanna be able to feel the difference from a 14.2...to whatever I get in May with all the mods I can cram in...and better tires...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.