Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parents are "concerned" about me graduating high school, so they took away my car until I graduate :( . I was mad at first seeing as yesterday I spent 4 hours detail it, but now I feel they were justified in their choice; I wasn't being as responsible about my education as I should have been.

I attached some pictures of what I am going to be driving for the next six weeks...a '61 Chevy Something-Or-Other truck (the pictures are of the same truck/same color, but the one we have is lifted). The thing is RIDICULOUS. Absolutely ridiculous. It's actually pretty fun to drive though since you can just go rompin' around in it...and it weighs 5100 pounds so people tend to give you some space.

So anyways, to the REAL reason I was posting this. I want to make this truck as absolutely stupid, ridiculous, idiotic, etc. as possible. Since my dad wants to fix it up at some point, no permanent changes can be made (bumper stickers are fine, I'll just attach them to magnets and stick it on that way), and I don't want to spend a lot of money for doing stupid little things.

So far:
Some ridiculous license plate holder
Propeller tow hitch
Magnetic flames
Maybe fuzzy dice
The hula girl thing that you put on the dash

So what have you guys seen around or that you can think of for me to add to the truck?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
That is one cool truck! I had visions of you driving around in a Yugo. Could be much worse!

G

·
Aww Charlie... I am sorry to hear that... but school is really important...

That's a cool ride - and your parents call this punishment? WOW, will they adopt? :D :headscratch:

I can see a surfboard out the back... and check out the fuzzy dice club, we have a few links where you can find awesome dice... and I believe ones with flames...

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
You can do it! Hang tough! I love that truck! I had a 67 chevy along time ago!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Getcha some of the "balls/nuts" that you see hanging out the back of peoples cars.Seems fitting since your parents are doing the RIGHT thing and have you by the balls,lol. Brent

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Not a bad punishment. That truck looks nice. For crazyness, you could add some curb feelers, or a gun rack.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, thanks for the support guys! I do have to agree that it is a pretty cool truck. The previous owner replaced the entire drive train as far as I know, so it doesn't have any real reliability issues to my knowledge.

Taking it away wasn't technically the punishment. Every class that I am late or miss or anything, they take it away for another month, so I've really gotta be on the ball. If I don't graduate :)nono:) they would are going to sell the 'Stang. I wouldn't be mad at them though; I would kick my own ass and wouldn't deserve a nice car.

I'm also scared they're going to let my sister drive it until her car gets fixed. She's 16 and has managed to hit a good amount of things already. Just recently she rear-ended a guy in a Trailblazer at 20mph. She's fine, not even a bruise, but the car...I'll just attach a picture and let it speak for itself.

I agree with education being important. I took it very seriously, and ended up with more credits than I would ever need, so this semester I'm only taking two classes at the high school. They both ended up as being a JOKE though, which disappointed me. I'm one of those people who need to be challenged, and something tells me college will give me that. I also want to go to med school, so I know I HAVE to get serious, fast.

JudisStang: There is a fuzzy dice group??? Haha I might have to check that out!

Brent: I am debating the balls for it. I had forgot about those when I posted the thread.:gringreen

Finally, as for my parents adopting: I'll put you on the list;)

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HAHA OH MY GOD I FOUND THE ABSOLUTELY PERFECT THING.
Holy crap (literally)!!

You guys HAVE to take a look at this:
bumper dumper

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I have a GT take-off muffler, if you want it, when you get the car back. Unbolt the old muffler, bolt in the new one.

Sounds better, and gives a significant horsepower increase over the stock one. PM me if you want it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a GT take-off muffler, if you want it, when you get the car back. Unbolt the old muffler, bolt in the new one.

Sounds better, and gives a significant horsepower increase over the stock one. PM me if you want it.
I have the GT take-off already. It does sound a LOT better than the stock on the sixer, and I was surpised with the little extra "oomph" it gave the car. I want to get the Ford Racing duals for the V6, but it's a good chunk of change, so I got a GT take-off for pretty cheap to use until I get the duals.

I was going to go out to my buddy's house out in the country and fill the left-hand muffler with firecrackers because I couldn't think of anything better to do with it, but someone else wanted it so I just gave it to them.

Thanks for the offer though!!:D

For some reason though, the one I got didn't really fit on quite right. It isn't all the way up the exhaust pipe, but I think I got it far enough. When it is cold, it sounds like a fast, short rattling/clinking whenever I let the clutch out...so I don't know if that is related to it not being all the way up or not.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
stuff like this is why i am glad that i own my own car. I didn't have my parent's co-sign or anything, i am on my OWN insurance and pay for my OWN gas. They can't do squat to me regarding the car.

I also pretend like i don't care about college which is kinda true but i know how important it is for me so i am going all the way. but its gonna take me 5 years instead of 4 because i work 40 hours a week as well.

The only thing they can hold over my head is the roof over my head and some small stuff. But so long as i am not snorting drugs, i think i'll keep my room to myself :D

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
stuff like this is why i am glad that i own my own car. I didn't have my parent's co-sign or anything, i am on my OWN insurance and pay for my OWN gas. They can't do squat to me regarding the car.

I also pretend like i don't care about college which is kinda true but i know how important it is for me so i am going all the way. but its gonna take me 5 years instead of 4 because i work 40 hours a week as well.

The only thing they can hold over my head is the roof over my head and some small stuff. But so long as i am not snorting drugs, i think i'll keep my room to myself :D
Haha, yeah that'd be nice for sure. Even in college the only real expense I'll have is gas, so it is nice to know if I ever get fired or quit or get too busy with school, I don't have to work.

Like I said before, they taking it away wasn't completely unjustified, but it was a little too much in my opinion. At least they are still letting me drive something though!

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Aww Charlie... I am sorry to hear that... but school is really important...

That's a cool ride - and your parents call this punishment? WOW, will they adopt? :D :headscratch:

I can see a surfboard out the back... and check out the fuzzy dice club, we have a few links where you can find awesome dice... and I believe ones with flames...
Fuzzy dice as a ridiculous thing. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Of course I would suggest some big honkin mud flaps with the women on them, and maybe class of (whenever you graduate) painted all over it or stripes or something artistic with non-permanent paint.
MAGIC COLORS Removable Paint

·
Registered
41 Posts
Vlad the "chicken" Impaler pounces on this one... Do they still sell the fake arms/legs that you could hang behind the tailgate so it looks like a body in the bed? how about a cheap old rug, with a pair or old shoes sticking out the back with stains on the carpet, and if its not illegal, borrow someones fake full size deer and rope it <securely> accross the hood!!! I have issues, I know.

·
Registered
295 Posts
OMG... Im gonna take away your car and give you a cool lookin truck.

If you like it or not, Chevy or Ford, thats a great lookin truck.
Damn wish my parents were that cruel when I was growing up lol

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's just plain wrong LOL, someone may use it! :happyhapp
HAHA oh man THAT would be funny!!! I wouldn't even be mad. The fact that someone took the time to sit down in a parking lot and drop his business...

Fuzzy dice as a ridiculous thing. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Of course I would suggest some big honkin mud flaps with the women on them, and maybe class of (whenever you graduate) painted all over it or stripes or something artistic with non-permanent paint.
Right now I'm looking at fuzzy dice that say "PIMP" on them...hahaha.

And I purposefully left out mud flaps because I know the second I hit the button to post, your sixth, mud-flap-advice-giving sense would go off.:wavey

Vlad the "chicken" Impaler pounces on this one... Do they still sell the fake arms/legs that you could hang behind the tailgate so it looks like a body in the bed? how about a cheap old rug, with a pair or old shoes sticking out the back with stains on the carpet, and if its not illegal, borrow someones fake full size deer and rope it <securely> accross the hood!!! I have issues, I know.
I was thinking about all those, well, the arm one at least, but ultimately decided against them.

Somehow, it did give me the idea to get a kitchen set and bolting it to a piece of plywood and putting it in the bed.:scratchchin

OMG... Im gonna take away your car and give you a cool lookin truck.

If you like it or not, Chevy or Ford, thats a great lookin truck.
Damn wish my parents were that cruel when I was growing up lol
It is a cool looking truck, but it kinda loses its novelty pretty fast. Things just don't work quite to the precision they do in modern cars. You can't drive straight with it (the steering floats EVERYWHERE), which is a bad thing in a college town where cops will pull you over for even looking too closely at the lines on the road.

Beyond that, my biggest complaint is how LOUD it is. Now, the 'Stang isn't a quiet car, but it is at least resonable. I feel bad driving around peoples' houses at night. And you can't start it and drive off for little reasons because its too loud.

·
Registered
305 Posts

And I purposefully left out mud flaps because I know the second I hit the button to post, your sixth, mud-flap-advice-giving sense would go off.:wavey
Wow, I didn't think pc would still be getting harassed about mudflaps... :D

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Just how every father has a built in sensor to when his kids are playing with the thermostat *family guy*:happyhapp

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.