Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got duals this past Tuesday. I took it to a Muffler shop and they did a custom y-pipe with flowmaster mufflers and chrome tips. :D
It sounds pretty good, kinda poppy when it first gets going to higher speeds, but that's starting to happen less frequently. Overall I love the new sound, may not sound like a GT but that's okay with me :bigthumbsup

I'll try to upload a video if I can figure it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Why did'nt you go with a X Pipe? Im not sue but I dont think a Y Pipe is considered Duals (True Duals Anyway) as it goes into one then splits for the mufflers.
Can I ask you what it cost total for them? Anw what made you decide to go this way? But if you like it that's what matters:bigthumbsup Try and Post a Vid if you can

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why did'nt you go with a X Pipe? Im not sue but I dont think a Y Pipe is considered Duals (True Duals Anyway) as it goes into one then splits for the mufflers.
Can I ask you what it cost total for them? Anw what made you decide to go this way? But if you like it that's what matters:bigthumbsup Try and Post a Vid if you can
I wanted the X-pipe but since my dad was paying for it for my birthday I kinda just agreed to not get it. It was $280 total so not that bad of a cost.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I wanted the X-pipe but since my dad was paying for it for my birthday I kinda just agreed to not get it. It was $280 total so not that bad of a cost.
That's too bad. I had the ford racing x-pipe with fr500s mufflers on my 2010 and it sounded amazing. People actually thought it was a V8 until I told them otherwise.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's too bad. I had the ford racing x-pipe with fr500s mufflers on my 2010 and it sounded amazing. People actually thought it was a V8 until I told them otherwise.
Yeah I should just told him no that I wanted the x-pipe... but my dad's just way too convincing haha. That's pretty cool, I might get the X-pipe in the future.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Yeah I should just told him no that I wanted the x-pipe... but my dad's just way too convincing haha. That's pretty cool, I might get the X-pipe in the future.
there ya go. i think you should be real happy that that you have a brand new car and he did that for you cause thast pretty cool of him. it sure looks better with 2 mufflers on there :bigthumbsup you can always change it up later on down the road

·
Registered
101 Posts
Congrats! I'm sure it sounds better than that in person. At least I hope so.:winks I still have the single yet. I want Duals so bad on my 2010 Candy that I read the forums with envy. Im 43 so dad won't be me a 5 cent candy. Buy next spring.......sux I gotta wait, but I am happy for you!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there ya go. i think you should be real happy that that you have a brand new car and he did that for you cause thast pretty cool of him. it sure looks better with 2 mufflers on there :bigthumbsup you can always change it up later on down the road
Yes I'm very happy and grateful for what I have. My dad is pretty cool btw :cooldude:
It does look alot better with the 2 mufflers now.

Congrats! I'm sure it sounds better than that in person. At least I hope so.:winks I still have the single yet. I want Duals so bad on my 2010 Candy that I read the forums with envy. Im 43 so dad won't be me a 5 cent candy. Buy next spring.......sux I gotta wait, but I am happy for you!
It does sound alot better now. I went out and showed my friend tonight and it doesn't make that poppy noise anymore. I'll try to get someone to record it for me again so you can hear the change. I've drove about 300 miles on it since Tuesday so I guess that makes a difference. Ha well It will probably be one of the last expensive birthday presents since I'm about to turn 19. Well hopefully the wait won't be that long, but it's well worth it once you get them. :yup:

·
Registered
344 Posts
I guess I was lucky. I bought the Pypes X pipe cat back kit 3 years ago for $200. Got two 2007 GT mufflers for free and paid a muffler shop $50 to cut and install the pipes and mufflers. I cut out the rear bumper and installed the drivers side muffler brackets myself. It's a problem doing the whole thing yourself because I couldn't get the car high enought off the ground to get the pipes over the rear axle.

·
Registered
211 Posts
not a fan of the sound. Theres a mustang like yours in my area and when im working and hear it from afar i think a ricer is coming. I got magnaflow, and an xpipe and people think i have a GT. But i do want a newer stang than my 06 so you got that going for ya

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
It will sound better but that's only because the Engine has a chance to warm up, it changes the exhaust tone. Great you have a Nice Dad and you have Pleanty of time to add more Mods:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
505 Posts
Just tell pops to get ya the x or h....will get way deeper and less high pitched without that y in there. Tell'um you'll be bringing him home some hot babes to stare @ all day if he puts in the x for ya. That would work on me no doubt! And why do people cover their plates in videos?

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Like (ajbailor) said a X or even a H Pipe would be better for more of a Rumble, I personally like the X. Also Im not a Big Fan of Flowmasters, you should have tried out the GT Take Off Mufflers, you could have found a set of them on E-Bay for mabey $50, then got a X Pipe and Mid Pipe for the same Money you spent, I Shop Around. I Love the Sound, there not in the least bit Ricy. For just a little bit more money you could have got the NTO True Dual Kit with GT Takeoffs and a X Pipe, I got mine for $299, it's the Best $299 I ever spent. I cant wait to Drive My Stang now, I get so many more Looks and the Guy's in the V8's think it's a V8:bigthumbsup
Now Im NOT Bashing your Exhaust, just trying to help out, Im real FUSSY when it comes to Spending Money and when I spend it I try and make sure Im getting the Best Deal and Quality for it. It took me almost 4 years to go Duals, that's how long I read about them and got all the Facts befor I bought em.
Now I know your Young and are Driving a Better Car than I had when I was your age (just guessing) but back then I was Driving a 72 Impala 2 Door with a 400 4bbl Primer Grey, it cost me $200 from My Dad. So Im Not Bashing you Sweetie, just trying to help out for next time:bigthumbsup You Have a Beautiful Mustang:winks

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cool car I really dig the MUSTANG letters. The 2010's do look way better with dualies.
yeah I like the duals much better than the single

Just tell pops to get ya the x or h....will get way deeper and less high pitched without that y in there. Tell'um you'll be bringing him home some hot babes to stare @ all day if he puts in the x for ya. That would work on me no doubt! And why do people cover their plates in videos?
Ha if only that would work, but it wouldn't. Plus I live 3 hours away from my parents. I'll probably get an X somewhere down the line soon, even my mom told me I should have just pushed for the X :yup: o well. And I feel safer covering my plates :yelpleased:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
not a fan of the sound. Theres a mustang like yours in my area and when im working and hear it from afar i think a ricer is coming. I got magnaflow, and an xpipe and people think i have a GT. But i do want a newer stang than my 06 so you got that going for ya
Yeah I don't know if I'm a big fan of the sound either but It's better than what it did sound like I think. It doesn't sound that bad when I'm driving it but idk maybe it's just me.
Like (ajbailor) said a X or even a H Pipe would be better for more of a Rumble, I personally like the X. Also Im not a Big Fan of Flowmasters, you should have tried out the GT Take Off Mufflers, you could have found a set of them on E-Bay for mabey $50, then got a X Pipe and Mid Pipe for the same Money you spent, I Shop Around. I Love the Sound, there not in the least bit Ricy. For just a little bit more money you could have got the NTO True Dual Kit with GT Takeoffs and a X Pipe, I got mine for $299, it's the Best $299 I ever spent. I cant wait to Drive My Stang now, I get so many more Looks and the Guy's in the V8's think it's a V8:bigthumbsup
Now Im NOT Bashing your Exhaust, just trying to help out, Im real FUSSY when it comes to Spending Money and when I spend it I try and make sure Im getting the Best Deal and Quality for it. It took me almost 4 years to go Duals, that's how long I read about them and got all the Facts befor I bought em.
Now I know your Young and are Driving a Better Car than I had when I was your age (just guessing) but back then I was Driving a 72 Impala 2 Door with a 400 4bbl Primer Grey, it cost me $200 from My Dad. So Im Not Bashing you Sweetie, just trying to help out for next time:bigthumbsup You Have a Beautiful Mustang:winks
Yeah, I'm not in love with the sound as of right now. If it doesn't improve in sound once I get a CAI and Tuner then I'll probably look around into getting an X Pipe. And yes I'm younger and I do have a lot to learn about my mustang and life in general. Thanks alot for the tips. :worship

1 - 17 of 17 Posts