Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was just getting back from swimming and my little cousin was moving my aunts big ass dodge.when he backed up into my car it made me wanna cry.

·
Registered
326 Posts
there inlys the problem... do u claim it, even though it is a relative? sorry to hear that! hoepfully its not crazy bad.

-Joe

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i just cant do that to them...i hate it but i guess i will just have to take it to my body guy..it shattered the marker on the bumper and pushed the quarter panel in a bit i hope it doesnt cost too much

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm in the same bloody situation...

While visiting my mother last thursday, she backed her van into my passenger side rear quarter panel... actually caused a PO442 because it broke the seal on the gas line. (fixed it but still)

How are you supposed to ask for payment from your mother...? I guess im gonna have to suck it up and pay for the $550 quarter panel and dings on the door + side scoop, not to mention painting it...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just got my estimate done today and its gonna be over 700 dollars to fix it! Not too happy but whenever they get done the car will look brand new again because they are gonna fix my door dings and peeled paint,

·
Registered
57 Posts
Your cousin or aunt didn't offer any help huh?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Your cousin or aunt didn't offer any help huh?
Yeah really? Family is family, but if my relative did something like that to my car, and made no offer at all, I'd tell them to call the insurance company. I'm not paying for repairs if the person who did it doesn't respect me enough to even attempt to reconsile the situation.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no not at this time are they offering to pay for anything. I would feel bad to ask them for it because they have let me stay with them since i broke my neck. I took the rear bumper off of it to see if i could straighten it out any but its pushed in right on the lower corner of the quarter panel so its gonna be a difficult dent to straighten completely. I dont know when im gonna get to take it to the shop but i notice it every time i walk past my car. SO it most definately has to be fixed but the question is, when?

·
Registered
680 Posts
then consider it rent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.