Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I'm not sure how to read it. I ran it up to redline twice, both times my min value went to -4.99, while my max value never went past 0.00. What does this mean? Is it seeing knock?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if it would help, but heres the SCT LiveLink software, and the recording of my knock sensor. Stupidly, I didnt record anything else with it. Ive been reading about phantom knock, maybe its this? As I said in another thread, I put the car in second gear and nailed it from a dead stop, and didnt hear anything, when if it was going to, it should have in a high load situation like that.
I wonder if I am the first to data log this?
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8929014/LiveLink.exe
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8929014/Knock%20reading.csv

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I am mortified now that I think I may have damaged the motor because of knock. Am I blowing this out of proportion?

·
Registered
35 Posts
The value you see is the amount of spark that is either being taken out or added in. So, looking at your log shows as much as 4.9 degrees being taken out. Without seeing the RPM or load values at least it is hard to determine if that is a bad thing or not.

Most tunes will have the amount of spark that can be taken out or added in adjusted from stock.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The value you see is the amount of spark that is either being taken out or added in. So, looking at your log shows as much as 4.9 degrees being taken out. Without seeing the RPM or load values at least it is hard to determine if that is a bad thing or not.

Most tunes will have the amount of spark that can be taken out or added in adjusted from stock.
I know I should have got more pid's, but if it means anything both big spikes where when I was WOT, upper RPM's.
Thank you for chiming in.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I had BAMA send me another revised tune pulling more timing. I will try and record whats going on with this tune.

Anyone else feel like data logging their own cars for comparison purposes?

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Yep, why not add some high test & call it a day? I run Shell & never had any knocking or pinging. Stick with a quality name brand fuel (of the octane for your tune) & the car will be fine. Not exactly sure what you're trying to accomplish beyond that.....

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
You can always take it to the dealer, but I wouldn't unless the knock persists after adding quality fuel. My guess is you're fine if the car drives fine under normal conditions & isn't burning oil.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can always take it to the dealer, but I wouldn't unless the knock persists after adding quality fuel. My guess is you're fine if the car drives fine under normal conditions & isn't burning oil.
OK, thank you sir. I just wanted to put a heads up out there, if mine was knocking so bad, I just wanted to make others aware it could be happening to them, also.
Again, thank you.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I logged the new tune along with several pids again....this time only a KR of -2.25 so better. Will fill it up with fresh gas and leave well enough alone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts