Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This honda civic comes next to me, asks me if I want to take it to the highway.. he said come on man I just got a 4cyl. =) should I have went? =p I had my friend with me so I didn't.

Buut I did floor it, and I think he did too because I heard a LOUD noise (sounded like a procharger) kick in but yeah, I asked him for his number so we could go to the drag strip but I don't think he heard me =)

oh btw I have JLT2 with 91 octane race tune and stingers.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
This honda civic comes next to me, asks me if I want to take it to the highway.. he said come on man I just got a 4cyl. =) should I have went? =p I had my friend with me so I didn't.

Buut I did floor it, and I think he did too because I heard a LOUD noise (sounded like a procharger) kick in but yeah, I asked him for his number so we could go to the drag strip but I don't think he heard me =)

oh btw I have JLT2 with 91 octane race tune and stingers.
maybe the loud noise was the bottom end of his car falling off:so

·
Registered
122 Posts
you shouldnt have pussed out

·
Registered
137 Posts
if he was anywhere near stock, you would have murdered him........BAD..........BUT if he did have a turbo on that car, watch out........i have been beaten by many highly modded ricers.

·
Registered
487 Posts
How come that never happens to me?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
That was lame on his part. "Come on man, I just got a 4-cylinder?" If that doesn't say, "I got some goodies under the hood and want to strut my stuff", I don't know what does.

It's your car and you do what you want, but good on you for not racing him. Not to be a downer, but trust me, it's just not worth it. :yakyak:

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Last year I saw a VW CarmanGia that had a small block Chevy in it so don't get suckered into that kind of bull.
The track is where its at.

And psfracer They can hear that noise maker you have on the top of you motor. :nogrinner:gringreen

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
He was just baiting you. Probably had some mad 22 psi turbo under the hood. I saw a 600 fwhp Civic race down at MIR last year.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Good choice on not racing him on the street

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Lie to someone about their car to get him to race him? L-A-M-E!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well it was obvious it wasn't stock, I didn't expect him to be stock after saying "it's just a 4cylinder come on" =) too bad I couldn't get his number :hihi:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yeah nobody is going to beg you to race when they only have a 4cylinder under the hood. I'm with Mark on this one, I bet he had some sort of turbo in it. Sounds like he has been watching "fast and the furious" or something...haha.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I saw the same guy again today! haha this time I told him to pull over =) we talked a bit, he said he has a turbo charger at 14psi, total 350hp :)

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
heck, i woulda gone for it anyways. you never know, that turbo motor may not be tuned properly. and it IS fwd.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sticking a turbo on an economy car....haha......that motor won't last long. Theres a bunch of rice around here belching blue smoke without F/I, I couldn't imagine the life of one with it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Gotta watch out for those ricer sleepers. There are a couple civics around me that are sick. One has around 500HP and the other has dual turbo with the top Honda motor. Both look like a grandma's car and are sick fast. They still sound like chainsaws.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
350 HP civic and your GT would have made a good race. But only on the track :nono:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.