Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I for one really like the new getrag trans. The short throw and positive shifts are top drawer to me. I love the spring loaded centered gate on the 3-4. 3rd gear powershifts are right there. Rpm matched downshifts fall right into gear. Nice job FORD!
Can I get a Yay???

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
oh yes, I like it more than the 5sp my 08 GT, very easy shifts and every gear is easy to find. I am not sure if I prefer the reverse on the left. and the skip shift has hit me, very easy work-around is to do 2nd gear starts. with the 5.0 and 3.73's it is very easy, and takes you to 60 with no shift.

·
Registered
250 Posts
For those novice gear heads, what are the RPM matched downshifts?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For those novice gear heads, what are the RPM matched downshifts?
Ideally when downshifting you would want to bring the rpms up by a quick rev before the actual downshift. This is a learned practice and is often referred to as "heel & toe". In practice its really more the outside of your right shoe that revs the accelerator pedal while at the same time apply brakes if slowing down or entering a corner. If you do this correctly the lower gear change will feel very smooth with little, if any weight transfer on the car. Being in the correct gear while racing is of paramount importance so that power is always available.. Hope this answers your question.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.