Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAHAHA
While returning from the gas station the other night in my wife’s 05 Tahoe (no kids), a Del Sole pull up next to me at the light. Typical fart can, ground effects and the whole ricer works. He starts revving up and slipping the clutch and i am thinking this is going to be fun wonder what this big SUV can do. The light turns green and he takes off and gets a 2-3 car length jump but that was all. The Tahoe reeled him in and I passed and drove away. Next red light there he is again and he tells me he did not get a good start. I am laughing so hard I can hardly tell him 'well lets go again'. The light turns green and the same thing happens. At the next light he won't even look over and I am crying I am laughing so hard.:laughlitt

Gotta love the Soccar Mom's Tahoe

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
No offense, but I would rather die than drive any damned GM product.

Good kill though, way to beat up on the lawnmower car.

·
Registered
102 Posts
jjandascog... Epic, EPIC kill.

Funny thing though, when I first read the topic, I thought you beat a soccer mom with your Stang. I was going to say "there's no honor in beating soccer moms".

·
Registered
158 Posts
Redeemer said:
jjandascog... Epic, EPIC kill.

Funny thing though, when I first read the topic, I thought you beat a soccer mom with your Stang. I was going to say "there's no honor in beating soccer moms".
Haha me too, but it turned out much much better.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I'm laughing just reading about it.

·
Registered
886 Posts
My wife drives a '97 explorer 302, low towing gears, and it will stomp the bejeebers out of most of the ricer boys around here. And she does.

·
Registered
977 Posts
JEB said:
No offense, but I would rather die than drive any damned GM product.
Are you actually that serious about auto brands? If so, kind of silly.........no offense of course.

·
Registered
604 Posts
95MGTS said:
Are you actually that serious about auto brands? If so, kind of silly.........no offense of course.
I second that...I like GM cars just as much as I like Ford's. Hell...I have some respect for some imports out there (but certainly not Del Sols :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
977 Posts
the98stang said:
I second that...I like GM cars just as much as I like Ford's. Hell...I have some respect for some imports out there (but certainly not Del Sols :rolleyes:)
I guess my point here is he drives a Ford. A Ford better than a GM or vice versa? I think we're splitting hairs here. Personal preference, so be it. I've owned and driven both and have come to the conclusion that Nissan is better :happyhapp

·
Registered
567 Posts
95MGTS said:
I guess my point here is he drives a Ford. A Ford better than a GM or vice versa? I think we're splitting hairs here. Personal preference, so be it. I've owned and driven both and have come to the conclusion that Nissan is better :happyhapp
Ive owned & driven gm's, ford, acura, honda, nissan, mazda, toyota, mbz, and audi. I also feel that Audi tops em all. But I still want an American Muscle. Something about em, no matter what I do, with all the bad experiences I had with American cars, I cant stay away from em......

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
No, I'm not too particular, I just don't like GM. Make that I hate GM. I'm not a Daimler/Chysler fan either, I hate my wife's Liberty, and M-In-law's Commander, while looks nice and has lots of trinkets, is still cheaply made, and feels like it. I WOULD drive a Dodge if given to me...

I love Porsche, Audi, VW, but I'm not buying import cars anymore. I'd rather try to keep my money here (I know,Ford has parts made in other countries too...). I'd take a Mercedes, or BMW if given, but I wouldn't buy one. I'd rather have a decked out F series truck for that price (or a loaded up Mustang.)

I have no problems with driving a Honda, Toyota, but I do disagree with Nissans..... I've had my share, and they will never get another dime (like GM).

Now, when did my preferences become such an issue? Why, on a Mustang site, are ya'll so shocked that I happen to love my Fords????
Damned if they haven't been the best vehicles that I'VE owned. Spend your money where you want. I do too.

Now, if ya'll just can't accept that I have preferences that you can't change, that's too bad. Talking smack about me, if it makes you feel better about yourself, whatever... I still go to sleep happy.

Now, if ya'll want to make me cry, just play rap music....
I congratulated him on his kill, just like I would've you in your vette, but I'd still rather die than drive a GM.

·
Registered
977 Posts
JEB said:
Talking smack about me, if it makes you feel better about yourself, whatever... I still go to sleep happy.
Sensitive? I don't see anyone talking smack about you. Just questioned how someone could hate a certain manufacturer. It's okay, I hate orange candy :happyhapp

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
95MGTS said:
Sensitive? I don't see anyone talking smack about you. Just questioned how someone could hate a certain manufacturer. It's okay, I hate orange candy :happyhapp
Nah, shipmate. I just, again, gave a brief on my viewpoint. My gm's were poop. Unreliable, broken often, and not worth half of what I paid. They get no more $$$$$ from me. If you buy a bad product, 3x, why go there again?

if I went to a restaraunt (sp?), ate once and got sick, I probably won't give a 2nd chance, much less a third.

I'm just getting tired of people questioning my preference on a FORD SITE!!!!!!!!! Damn, I must be daft for talkin Fords here.....what was I thinking?

I could see if I went to bowties.com and pooped on chebbies, getting the troll treatment...

Not you in particular, it just seems like a trend...

Maybe I'm just tired, it's been a long week...

·
Registered
567 Posts
JEB said:
if I went to a restaraunt (sp?), ate once and got sick, I probably won't give a 2nd chance, much less a third.
Thats a pretty good point. I also would like to point out a different scenerio.

Racing is like street fighting. Just because a guy is bigger than the other dont mean he's going to win the fight. Ive seen a 250 pound guy get his a$$ whooped by a 185 pound dude. Its all about skills & how much you train....... Fighting Skills = Driving skills
Training = Mods. Just because you got a V8 dont mean sh!t out there. Yeah it helps but one day you'll find a little lightweight that will take you out.

I know its off topic but from reading most of your post u tend to pick on ricers, like their not worthy enuf to fight.

I never question your experience or call your Ford a POS, but damn dont be putting m*&%$^ers down like they aint sh!t bro! Having an opinion is one thing but you do alot of smack talking..... Feel Me.....

Dont mean to offend you bro, just having my own opinion :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
lol good kill ; P

I saw the most shocking comercial today, on the subject of smoking suv's. Some dodge or jeep i forgot which one, is claiming to be doing 0-60 in under 5 seconds stock. Is it just me or is that almost evil?

On imports vs muscle cars, (My opinions are based on my experiences driving cars, I sell new Fords and Nissans, and whatever used cars my dealership gets a hold of) So I've done a good share of driving around in Nissans Pride and Joy, the 350Z, and Fords very own Mustang GT. I would take a GT mustang with a red and black leather interior any day. Is the Mustang a better car? Probably not. The Z feels like it has tighter handling, they both have very responsive engines and are easy to make faster, they both have sweet interiors, the Z is more efficient and probably more reliable. The Z could be twice is fast as the mustang, and break down half as often, it just doesn't evoke the same feelings as the throaty sometimes unmanageable beast. Though, the new dodge challenger is trying to steal my heart ; ) with it's 450 horsepower hemi, and even more classic styling.... And I don't even like dodge.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Draiz said:
lol good kill ; P

I saw the most shocking comercial today, on the subject of smoking suv's. Some dodge or jeep i forgot which one, is claiming to be doing 0-60 in under 5 seconds stock. Is it just me or is that almost evil?

On imports vs muscle cars, (My opinions are based on my experiences driving cars, I sell new Fords and Nissans, and whatever used cars my dealership gets a hold of) So I've done a good share of driving around in Nissans Pride and Joy, the 350Z, and Fords very own Mustang GT. I would take a GT mustang with a red and black leather interior any day. Is the Mustang a better car? Probably not. The Z feels like it has tighter handling, they both have very responsive engines and are easy to make faster, they both have sweet interiors, the Z is more efficient and probably more reliable. The Z could be twice is fast as the mustang, and break down half as often, it just doesn't evoke the same feelings as the throaty sometimes unmanageable beast. Though, the new dodge challenger is trying to steal my heart ; ) with it's 450 horsepower hemi, and even more classic styling.... And I don't even like dodge.
The Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 8. And yes, it is seriously under 5 seconds 0-60. It is the perfect soccer mom sleeper car.

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
I got to drive my sister's Lexus ES300 this weekend. Very nice car. I could get used to driving that. :) Although, I'm without a car of my own right now, so driving anything is a luxury.

Peace. :cool:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.