Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home from cruising and had to share this. Im at a red light and this red fire fly with a MASSIVE wing on the roof pulls up next to me. driver and his friend both look at me than he starts to rev. I laugh and let him have a small head start when the light turns green then beat him to the next red. I hear him say to his friend "See that beat him off the line, now watch what happens when i try a bit." now im laughing my head off in my mind. he starts to rev again light turns green and i take off ahead of him and let go of the gas to let him catch up, false hope is so fun isnt it? another red light and now and he says to his friend (And sounded like he wanted me to hear it) "I was just F**king with him hes going down man" HA! light turns green i take off leaving him far behind, beat him to the next light by alot, then we both turn off and come back to the same street and stop at a red i look over at him and say "I didnt even put my slurpee down"

i was only being an ass because of his cockyness, and of course evrytime i saw him later he was just doing fly bys....

-Guardian

·
Registered
174 Posts
This whole story would not have been any more or less special than every other ricer kill story out there except for the bit about the slurpee...
PRICELESS! :grinroll:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also forgot to mention i think he made the metal spoiler himself.. and when i said it was MASSIVE i really meant it lol. dont thik he was frim intown tho i have never seen thie car before. Maybe i will see him again tonight.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Hope so, second time around he may have added stickers, but if he did! Watch out!!! lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nicks79 said:
Hope so, second time around he may have added stickers, but if he did! Watch out!!! lol
Wow you were very right. he now has a big firefly sticher across his front window. and the letters are made out of FIRE! but he wont go near me pulled up to a red light and he was beside me but left his front bumper at my back bumper, so i put it in neutral and slowly back up lol. but then the light turned green and we both just drove away normally.

·
Registered
365 Posts
what makes this story even better is that you were only in v6. or so im guessing by your icon. just imagin what a gt would do to him. lol.

·
Registered
118 Posts
had some fun myself the other evening coming home from work

Here is the scene, nice afternoon around 3:30 pm sunshiney day just cruisen along with top down. taking 17 north out of Warrenton, Va on a nice clear road with a slight right hander just before a long uphill incline with another sweeping right and left hander at the top. One problem with this stretch of road. Just before the top of the hill the State and Local officers are almost always there with radar and you can not see them until it is to late.
Driving along and here come a jellybean racer hauling ass in the left hand lane, he get along side of me and slows down doing the reving bit to make his honda jump ahead of me. Thinking what a fool, i give him the nod and he takes off. I just cruise along watching him speed off into the sunset coming to the top of the hill and loo and behold I see brakes lights come on. Well it was to late, next came the pretty blue light from the blue and grey State Police car. I slowed so the cruiser could get out and persue. wasn't nice of me :laughlitt . Was a nice looking Honda and I am sure he spent a lot of money fixing it up, fart can, big wing, real nice two tone paint job, and big ass wheels and tires. Gave him a wave as I passed and got the nice friendly one finger salute in return. I usually don't even acknowledge the ricers but knew what might be waiting and yeah I did set him up.
It felt so good. He will think twice the next time he want to street race.
Jon
:eyepoppin :evilchuck :drink: :rollgrin: :naughty

·
Registered
158 Posts
That's horrible. He didn't do a thing wrong to you. He wanted to race-he didn't try and brag about his car, he just wanted to have some fun. These kind of stories disgust me. You gave him a useless ticket.

·
Registered
364 Posts
lthompson05 said:
That's horrible. He didn't do a thing wrong to you. He wanted to race-he didn't try and brag about his car, he just wanted to have some fun. These kind of stories disgust me. You gave him a useless ticket.
Nope -- you're out of line. The ricer would've gotten bagged anyway.
The other option was Jon says "yes" to the race and they both punch it. Jon and ricer would've both gotten bagged.

The one thing you're forgetting: Street racing is bad, mkay....

Sure everyone does it once in a while, but smart racers won't race in a bad situation. Suppose instead of saying yes, and not racing, Jon had said yes but then his radar detector went off? Would he have still been required to race? I don't think so -- but the end result would have been the same -- it still would have looked like a set up. If the ricer didn't have the situational awareness to know that "the State and Local officers are almost always there with radar" then he was a fool.

To paraphrase an old expression:
There are old racers and there dumb racers, but there aren't very many old, dumb racers.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had another nice one last night. pulled up beside a CRX (Mostly because i was interested in the girl in the passenger seat, she was checking out my car and smiling at me...i like when people check my car out i mean it really needs paint BADLY!!!) anyway the girl driving starts to rev lol im just thinking i shouldnt race i need to make it to payday with this tank of gas... but then again she is about half a block away (Maybe a bit less) and i see that middle finger ricer salute go up and im like she sure as hell aint getting away with that...ZOOM! yeah i caught her and killed her. next light i was going straight and she was turning. gave the girl in the passenger side a wink and took off again.

And about the fire fly getting kileld by my V6. i would love to see him up against a GT not only because its a V8 but becase my V6 is almost like a 4 banger :( oh well as long is runs till im outta school SAVIN FOR A GT YAY!!!!! man im bad with money tho lol...well im ramblin again lol
cya

-Guardian

·
Registered
158 Posts
Langod said:
Nope -- you're out of line. The ricer would've gotten bagged anyway.
The other option was Jon says "yes" to the race and they both punch it. Jon and ricer would've both gotten bagged.

The one thing you're forgetting: Street racing is bad, mkay....

Sure everyone does it once in a while, but smart racers won't race in a bad situation. Suppose instead of saying yes, and not racing, Jon had said yes but then his radar detector went off? Would he have still been required to race? I don't think so -- but the end result would have been the same -- it still would have looked like a set up. If the ricer didn't have the situational awareness to know that "the State and Local officers are almost always there with radar" then he was a fool.

To paraphrase an old expression:
There are old racers and there dumb racers, but there aren't very many old, dumb racers.
No, the bad part is he gave him the nod signaling he wanted to race just to LEAD HIM ON to getting caught by the cops.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
93GT_RagTop said:
had some fun myself the other evening coming home from work

Here is the scene, nice afternoon around 3:30 pm sunshiney day just cruisen along with top down. taking 17 north out of Warrenton, Va on a nice clear road with a slight right hander just before a long uphill incline with another sweeping right and left hander at the top. One problem with this stretch of road. Just before the top of the hill the State and Local officers are almost always there with radar and you can not see them until it is to late.
Driving along and here come a jellybean racer hauling ass in the left hand lane, he get along side of me and slows down doing the reving bit to make his honda jump ahead of me. Thinking what a fool, i give him the nod and he takes off. I just cruise along watching him speed off into the sunset coming to the top of the hill and loo and behold I see brakes lights come on. Well it was to late, next came the pretty blue light from the blue and grey State Police car. I slowed so the cruiser could get out and persue. wasn't nice of me :laughlitt . Was a nice looking Honda and I am sure he spent a lot of money fixing it up, fart can, big wing, real nice two tone paint job, and big ass wheels and tires. Gave him a wave as I passed and got the nice friendly one finger salute in return. I usually don't even acknowledge the ricers but knew what might be waiting and yeah I did set him up.
It felt so good. He will think twice the next time he want to street race.
Jon
:eyepoppin :evilchuck :drink: :rollgrin: :naughty
Good Job!!!:worship Learn him a lesson!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
lthompson05 said:
No, the bad part is he gave him the nod signaling he wanted to race just to LEAD HIM ON to getting caught by the cops.
Yes I led him on. :worship BUT HE DID NOT HAVE TO RACE AND WHEN HE SAW THAT I WAS NOT RACING HIM HE COULD HAVE BACKED OFF. HE HAD PLENTY OF TIME TO AVOID THE TICKET.:doh: THAT WAS HIS OWN DISCISION TO KEEP HIS FOOT IN THE FART CAN. I GUESS IF I HAD RACED HIM AND WE BOTH GOT TICKETS, THEN YOU WOULD BE CALLING ME A DUMBA$$ FOR RACING ON THE STREET. HAVE READ A LOT WORSE TALES ON THIS FORUM AND READ THE NICE KILL COMMENTS THAT COME WITH THEM. MAYBE I SAVED THIS PERSONS LIFE AND HE MAY THINK BEFORE HE DOES IT AGAIN. SOME LESSONS IN LIFE ARE LEARNED THE HARD WAY.

LASTLY, MY STREET RACING DAYS ARE LONG IN THE PAST. NOTHING TO PROVE BY BEING STUPID. I SIMPLY DO NOT CARE IF YOUR CAR IS FASTER or you want to impress your girlfriend by blowing the doors off of my car. have at it, and the next set of blue lights may be yours.

:drink:
Jon

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have actually set someone up but it was not intentional. It was before i had my stang. was oon my way home from work in my parents 88 silverado and this tibouron pulls up beside me and starts to rev. i just look at him and shake my head. im not racing in my parents truck. but he wont quit so i just say fine and rev back. let the kid have his fun. but then i see there is a police car sitting right behind him so i look at him and shake my head and try to get him to roll his window down to tell him but he wont do it. light turns green and he starts burining his tires and there are those blue and red lights right on his ass..... i go by and he gives me the finger... dont know why he was pissed at me i dind t do anyhting i tried to help...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well I just think it is useless to give someone else a ticket. I still think it was stupid but if you allowed him time to slow down before there was the cop it is better. I guess it means a lot to me because at 16 a SPEEDING ticket to me means not driving due to my parents and I have already received a ticket from some stupid turning thing.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Blind_Guardian said:
Just got home from cruising and had to share this. Im at a red light and this red fire fly with a MASSIVE wing on the roof pulls up next to me. driver and his friend both look at me than he starts to rev. I laugh and let him have a small head start when the light turns green then beat him to the next red. I hear him say to his friend "See that beat him off the line, now watch what happens when i try a bit." now im laughing my head off in my mind. he starts to rev again light turns green and i take off ahead of him and let go of the gas to let him catch up, false hope is so fun isnt it? another red light and now and he says to his friend (And sounded like he wanted me to hear it) "I was just F**king with him hes going down man" HA! light turns green i take off leaving him far behind, beat him to the next light by alot, then we both turn off and come back to the same street and stop at a red i look over at him and say "I didnt even put my slurpee down"

i was only being an ass because of his cockyness, and of course evrytime i saw him later he was just doing fly bys....

-Guardian

What's a fire fly?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
lthompson05 said:
Eh, I used to do that all the time on Topeka Ave.

It's part of the fun, in my book!

:kooky:

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
lthompson05 said:
think of it as a Darwin Award!

:laughlitt

·
Registered
118 Posts
Stupid is what stupid does

lthompson05 said:
Well I just think it is useless to give someone else a ticket. I still think it was stupid but if you allowed him time to slow down before there was the cop it is better. I guess it means a lot to me because at 16 a SPEEDING ticket to me means not driving due to my parents and I have already received a ticket from some stupid turning thing.
one way to avoid tickets is to drive the speed limit or close to it and don't try to race every car on the road. you will get burnt. and yes, he had a good half mile to back-off. One more thing, in this part of Va the police use all different types of vehicles and some of the vehicles (not all are brand new) are driven by plain clothes officers. So you never know who you are about to race.

Jon :drink:
seeing that you are only 16 that would be a root beer for you.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
FIRE FLY!!!! now just add a spoiler to that and u got it hehe and paint it to....also dont forge the flamming fire fly window sticker haha

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.