Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help here..
1990 mustang gt , 5 spd
I have GT-40 aluminum heads on my car and i can decide what tipe of cam i want to use . i have the factory rockers on them right now i want to keep them ,(no adj rockers) dont want them.
I dont want to go crazy big with the cam but what cams are out there that i can chose from that can be use with factory rockers.
i kinda like ford cams ,but i will go with any oder brand , dont mind that at all ....

·
Registered
599 Posts
well i know if reggie were here hed disagree,but her goes i have in my car the E cam and i love the hit ,sound ,and power .....highly recomend it...the newer cams im not sure about ....i did some research on the TFS STAGE 1,its seams to build good power,but has less duration but more lift than the E cam.....also some bolt down 1.7RRs would work nicely....good luck ..:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Stay away from ford cams. They are outdated. What is your build? Aluminum what heads, intake, bottom end, etc.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Why would i disagree......:?:

I understand some people just don't want power & performance......:smartass:

thats our regg.....BRUTUALY HONEST.....:worship....lol

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Give us a little more info on the build so the opinions can start flying.

R

·
0 Posts
Give us a little more info on the build so the opinions can start flying.
Be careful what you ask for......

I know you are saying WTF is he talking about.......

Trust me you will see.....:rollgrin::rollgrin::rollgrin:

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Exactly....let it fly, throw it against the wall and see if it sticks.:smartass:

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
More like this.......LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
well i know if reggie were here hed disagree,but her goes i have in my car the E cam and i love the hit ,sound ,and power .....highly recomend it...the newer cams im not sure about ....i did some research on the TFS STAGE 1,its seams to build good power,but has less duration but more lift than the E cam.....also some bolt down 1.7RRs would work nicely....good luck ..:bigthumbsup
I would have to disagree. Put the lift in the cam and go with factory style rockers. no need to put the additional stress on valvetrain, esp. during a cam swap.

·
Registered
599 Posts
WHAT?........:rollgrin:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Actuallu most high end cam companies will recommend stock ratio rocker arms. Why else would you want a higher ratio with a cam swap.

R

·
0 Posts
I would have to disagree. Put the lift in the cam and go with factory style rockers. no need to put the additional stress on valvetrain, esp. during a cam swap.
Actuallu most high end cam companies will recommend stock ratio rocker arms. Why else would you want a higher ratio with a cam swap.

There is a major difference between stock style and stock ratio rockers.....

·
Registered
214 Posts
I realized that after i re read. Shouldve been more specific...just thought the drift was caught when 1.7's were recommended :bigthumbsup

1 - 18 of 18 Posts