Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

somebody keyed my car

2K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  cojakc 
#1 ·
Ok so today im leaving work at about 1100 to get something to eat and a coworker of mine notices on the passenger side door/fender a key mark about 4 1/2 feet long streching the length of the door and onto the fender. I have no enimies so i know it was done out of jelousy. Can anybody suggest what i do from here? will the insurance company pay for it or am i stuck having to pay to getting it repainted? I finally get my hood scoop install and then this happens, im so pissed right now.

#2 ·
Did it happen on base? If so, go to the legal office. The military will pay your deductible because it happened on the installation.

Sorry to hear this happened to you. It really ticks me off hearing threads like this. People have no respect for other peoples property anymore. :madas:

#4 ·
Did it happen on base? If so, go to the legal office. The military will pay your deductible because it happened on the installation.

Sorry to hear this happened to you. It really ticks me off hearing threads like this. People have no respect for other peoples property anymore. :madas:
im pretty sure it did because i washed it last night before i took the pics of the hood scoop and did not see it. it was in my drive way all night and my dog was outside so im sure nobody messed with it then. The only other place it has been since then was my offices parking lot

#3 ·
sometimes its cheaper to pay it out of pocket because that way your rates don't go up.

#5 ·
i'd definatly make a police report and start asking questions about it.. then beat some ass and stuff somone in a garbage can or somthing

#6 ·
What prompts people to sink that low?

Is it a deep scratch? Maybe someone just walked by with a bag on their shoulder and it just dragged against the car.

#9 ·
its not that deep but its deffinetly noticable, and it goes under the mirror so its impossable that some one brushed against it

#8 ·
Well...Sorry to hear about it.
My Mustang Was hit on the Hood with a Baseball Bat by a Hmong and his friends stood around watching him do it. I had a black male tell the cops and then when I came to my Car I saw police all around it.
So I feel your pain. I Still dont know what to do. Weather to do the Insurance thing or not. So Im lost like you are man.

#12 ·
lol how the hell would having a concealed weapon help prevent keying if the car is parked outside and you're inside working? :scratchchin

really that sucks about your car man. a friend of mine had his 07 GT keyed all the way down both sides while parked in front of a friend's house. seriously people are assholes.

#11 ·
Wow sorry to hear that. Someone in the Mustang Lounge just had the same thing happen to theres as well. People cannot leave there hands off other peoples stuff and just leave it alone.

#14 ·
I feel your pain on that one: had it happen to another car years ago - along with TWO sets of fog lights being stolen in less than 3 months. In some ways, I'm glad I wasn't around any of those times to see what happened, particularly given how I felt when discovered what had happened.

You might want to think about putting some 3M paint protection film on your doors- it'll help prevent anything except a knife or something like that from "cutting" through.

#15 ·
I've had this happen to me a couple of times in the past 35 years...all you can do is be sure to find the best shop that can do the job to your satisfaction...take your time and ask, then check some of the vehicles the shop has done. Don't jump at the first body shop and yes, you can tell your insurance company where you want the job done...don't let them dictate the location to you.
I feel your pain...what goes around, comes around...

#16 ·
i caught a kid at school pulling my hood pins out on camera. i sat in a buddies truck and watched all morning cuz it had happened 3 times in a week..not a big deal but everytime they got pulled out itd scratch my hood. i turned it into the school and the police and got the kid to paint my hood and re stripe it..he also got suspended for 5 days..hahaha

#24 ·
GOD I HATE SCHOOL PARKING LOTS! They have the new drivers who are driving for the second time, and then they have those "rebels" who think it is "cool" to vandalize things.

One time, I came outside and rounded the corner into the parking lot, when I saw two people inside on both sides of my Jeep rocking it (it was a nice day so I had the top down and the doors off).

I just started yelling at them and they ran away.

What the hell goes through a person's mind?

Attachments

#17 ·
Man, that sucks. I'll echo the sentiment that people have no respect for other's property. If it were me, I'd fill out a police report and contact the insurance company. It's no fun paying a deductible due to someone's dumbass attempt at humor, but it's better than paying out of pocket.

#19 ·
Sorry to hear about your car. Mine got hit today also and I'm probably just as pissed as you are. I think we out to re-instate the HANGING TREE they used in the old west. You find out that someone was messing with your hoss you hang them in the town square.

#23 ·
well thanks for all the support, im going to try and turn this into a positive sittuation. i need my cdc chin spoiler painted and i wanted to get painted stripes anyway maybe if i get it all done at once they will do the door/ fender at little or no extra cost:scratchchin

#26 ·
back in high school I got my camaro key's, lipsticked. egg'd, cake bettered all at the same time by these fat girls that I did not know because my friend through a plastic water bottle cap at them while he was in my car.

They also keyed FU** YOU in the hood too. That was classy to drive around like that.

#27 ·
back in high school I got my camaro key's, lipsticked. egg'd, cake bettered all at the same time by these fat girls that I did not know because my friend through a plastic water bottle cap at them while he was in my car.

They also keyed FU** YOU in the hood too. That was classy to drive around like that.
That was the problem with the Jeep. For some reason, when the doors and top goes off of that car, my friends couldn't resist yelling at people, which I hated since it was an easily recognized car (not as bad as the 'Stang, but still). One of my friends also mooned someone while standing up in the car while I was driving. It was funny though because his hat flew off, so he was trying to grab it with his pants half down in a moving Jeep in the middle of town.:nogrinner

Did you pull a sting operation on the girls with a camera? I would have. Right now I have the vice principal leave my car in the view of at least one camera, just in case.

As a side note, this has me thinking since I am already super paranoid and obssessed with keeping people off my car...but what would happen if Mr. V's car ever got keyed all the way down the side?:scratchchin

Massive organ failure and cardiovascular collapse, maybe?:nogrinner I wonder if he would even have to *see* it or if his body would just be able to sense what happened...

#28 ·
You may want to go through Insurance!

Here in MA, If your vehicle gets damaged while it is parked or you are not actually operating it then your rates or driver points do not change. The only cost to you should be your deductable, based on your description, that scratch could cost anywere from $600 to $1200 maybe more. Call your Ins Co 1st and file a claim, have an appraiser look at it. You can always cancel it if you want.

What ever you do, MAKE SURE that when you give the decription of the damage to you claims adjuster, you list every thing wrong with your car. If this is not accurate, then some damage may be denied. If you have any photos of your car prior to this damage it could help. It may be a pain but I'd rather pay a $500 deductable for $1200 worth of damage.

Keep us posted.

CK

#29 ·
im in high school too, and on the 3rd day of school, which was a friday, my passenger side of the whole car got keyed. the next monday on school, i came back to notice tht now the drivers side, trunk, the whole back end, gas tank, hood, fenders, and jus bout the whole dam car was keyed. there were also dents. it was a 2,000 dollar paint job to fix all the key marks and dents. freakin assholes. now i park on the other side of the school and it hasent happened since

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.