Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to make sure whats going on here. Just installed a new axel-back exhaust amd I smell it burning, is this normal?

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
could be something like a finish burning off or something crawl under and check clearances, i prefer a finger clearance but some people say a pencil clearance is ok

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
did you use anti-sieze. sometimes excess of that will burn off. It will go away.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Done lots of exhausts over the years, had lots of customers worry about the smell. If clearances are ok, just run it. If it smells like the smoke from old electric toy trains, it is just the oil they use on the bender.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Done lots of exhausts over the years, had lots of customers worry about the smell. If clearances are ok, just run it. If it smells like the smoke from old electric toy trains, it is just the oil they use on the bender.
Sounds good. thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its most likely the smell of new exhaust component getting hot... You know what I mean?

They should begin to smell better and better each day. :bigthumbsup
Yea I was 80% sure thats what it was but wanted to know if that was a symptom of a bad install such as a leak

·
Registered
781 Posts
its normal is my buddy above me saidl it be gone in a week tops

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just wanted to make sure whats going on here. Just installed a new axel-back exhaust amd I smell it burning, is this normal?
Yes, it is normal. You will have that smell for a few days of driving.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.