Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so comming home today, and my friend next to me with his 05 mercedes c230 kompressor. He was about a car length in front of me, an ahead was a long straight away noo trafiic or nothing. SO we florr it(him still being a car length in front of me. he goes and im going but i can keep up, but i can't pass him!! why is that? His car is only estimated at 189 hp, 0-60 in 7.5 sec,(he has an auto by the way, and STOCK). I thought for sure i would pass him up like nothing. I have slp loudmouths, and airaid intake; and his is stock. SOmething felt really wrong. we floored at about 45 maybe. But still!!! i should of cleared him:eyebulge: hmmmmmm whats wrong here? i know at a dead stop i prbably would of wooped him good, but still!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
You need a tune with those mods you have. You may have made a step in the wrong direction without getting a tune. SCT Ecalibrator 2 that baby and then laugh as you blow his doors off! :laughlitt

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you think that would help?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Yes I know it would gain you at least 15 rwhp and line out your air/fuel ratio. The new Spanish Oak processor is very delicate to mods. A custum dyno tune would be even better but the tunes that SCT has are known to be good. Hopefully some more S197 owners will chime in.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ughhh but sitll even with out i should of blew his doors ooff!!!! i no off the line i would of....i hope

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Baginoman said:
ughhh but sitll even with out i should of blew his doors ooff!!!! i no off the line i would of....i hope
Are you a manual tranny? If you're at 45 MPH you should have shifted into second and you would have landed dead center in the power band, did you shift to 2nd gear?

And dollarbill is totally right, you need a tune with any good CAI. If you don't then it's not changing much.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Did you down shift to 2nd?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
auto..sry:eyebulge:

·
Registered
240 Posts
What is it with Nissan Maxima Drivers?

Well I have the 05 GT manual with no mods, so maybe it's different. I have beat Infinti G35 coupe and caught up and with more road would have passed a BMW325i, and lot's of Nissan Maximas. Sounds like you at least need a tune.

What is it Nissan Maxima drivers anyway? Even though they have a 4 door, with a 3.5L v6(SE), they still try to race me! Must be those commercials on TV!

When I say race, in NY I mean race to the next light or maybe 1/4 mile. There's not a lot of places where I can safely let the throttle out for very long :sosad:

G

·
if you couldnt pass that mercedes 230...with 189 hp it had to be you...not the car...i blew the doors off a m3 with my 06gt and no way would that benz even see my tail light...this mustang kept up with a mazerati spyder gt last month in a 5 mile race on the interstate...and we let loose at prolly 65 to 70mph before we started AND that spyder is totin a ferrari engine...

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Definately wrong gear. If you slam on the gas from a roll, you better have high RPMs going into the race or you'll get bogged down from being in the wrong gear.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Baginoman,

You've been here long enough to know you need a tune, ESPECIALLY with an auto!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea ur right:grinroll: ^^^

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey NIGHTRNNer i highly doubt ur 06 is stock right?:)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Baginoman, get a SCT tune from Alternative Auto, their speciality is auto trannys and Mustangs. You will never regret owning an auto after that, get ready for tire chirping between gears, my does and I'm only using a 89 octane tune. Best money I ever spent, on a Mustang at least:rolleyes: . Totally different car after the tune!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok will do! hahah after i gather up the cahs for it that is:winks

·
Registered
897 Posts
iplaydat said:
Well I have the 05 GT manual with no mods, so maybe it's different. I have beat Infinti G35 coupe and caught up and with more road would have passed a BMW325i, and lot's of Nissan Maximas. Sounds like you at least need a tune.

What is it Nissan Maxima drivers anyway? Even though they have a 4 door, with a 3.5L v6(SE), they still try to race me! Must be those commercials on TV!

When I say race, in NY I mean race to the next light or maybe 1/4 mile. There's not a lot of places where I can safely let the throttle out for very long :sosad:
Nissan drivers realy think their cars are the shiznits. One night I was coming home from a friends house around 2.00am. I'm cruising down a 3 lane highway in Montreal doing around 75 with almost no traffic. I come up to a G35 coupe in the center lane doing around 70. I put on my flasher and pull into the left lane to pass. When i get within 1 car length of him he puts it to the floor. I drop it straight from 5th to 3rd and hammer it. By the time I caught and passed him I was doing about 125mph. I slowed down to about 75mph again this time he rolls up next to me and wants to go again. I ease it down to 3rd again and we go on his 3rd honk. By the time I shifted to 4th at 110mph I was already past him. We both happened to get off at the same exit and when we stopped at a traffic light he rolled down his window and yelled "You really killed me" And I replied with a chuckle "you really didn't think you had a chance did you?" His reply was "I have 298Hp and you have 300 it should be an even race" I felt bad for the guy since he got his @ss handed to him with his girlfriend in the car so I replied "I've got an intake and exhaust on the car so I'm not totally stock". 5 minutes later a guy in a 3.5 Altima tries to go light to light with me. I don't have to tell you how that went down. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts