Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just posted in the new member introduction section, but I wanted to pop in here too as I learned a lot here before making the decision on purchasing a new Mustang.

Today I ordered a 2012 GT Premium convertible, Grabber Blue with black and blue accented interior, six speed manual, with 401A, GT convertible 6 accessory, reverse sensing and security, and Electronics packages and I hope to see it in six to eight weeks if the dealer is to be believed.

I'm actually a MOPAR guy (I own a '69 Dodge Dart convertible) and have always owned Japanese drivers (currently an '85 Toyota Celica GTS convertible, '99 Toyota Solara, and '04 Acura TL) but when I wanted a muscle ragtop the choice was obvious.

I like the Challenger but it's too damn big and heavy and no factory convertible. I'm not a huge fan of the new Camaro, but I think the convertible is more attactive than the coupe. The Mustang strikes the right balance of size, power, and price, and I've liked the modern Mustangs since the 2005 redesign.

Anyway, thanks for the info that helped me make my decision. I've spent a lot of time reviewing the threads involving the manual transmission but decided to take a chance. The three 2011 cars I drove felt good so I hope the one I get is OK.

I look forward to posting pics when the car shows up and posting other words of wisdom as I learn about all things Mustang.

:D

LH

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome to the convertible club.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good choice, man! I'm picking up my new 2012 V6 Kona Blue / Charcoal premium coupe in Houston next week. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve, and it's a week away!!!! Let us know how the delivery process turns out, and post pics!!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Welcome Aboard

That's a fine color choice. So you're going to be a convertible guy, and well on the way to being a Ford guy. Congratulations. I have a 2011 V6 convertible, performance white with stone interior. Convertibles are a lot of fun, and I know you'll like yours. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good choice, man! I'm picking up my new 2012 V6 Kona Blue / Charcoal premium coupe in Houston next week. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve, and it's a week away!!!! Let us know how the delivery process turns out, and post pics!!!
Congrats, Sean and thanks for serving!

That's a fine color choice. So you're going to be a convertible guy, and well on the way to being a Ford guy. Congratulations. I have a 2011 V6 convertible, performance white with stone interior. Convertibles are a lot of fun, and I know you'll like yours. :bigthumbsup
Thanks fordguygt! I've been a convertible guy since I bought my Dart in 1992, but now when I get the Mustang the garage will be ALL convertibles for the first time!

LH

·
Registered
585 Posts
and I hope to see it in six to eight weeks if the dealer is to be believed.
Seems to be the usual line all the dealers give. My dealer too gave me a 6-8 week estimate, saying it would probably be on the long end of that. Well, looks like I won't take delivery until just before week 11 :rolleyes: The norm among those that have posted time frames from order to delivery seems to be 8-10 weeks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems to be the usual line all the dealers give. My dealer too gave me a 6-8 week estimate, saying it would probably be on the long end of that. Well, looks like I won't take delivery until just before week 11 :rolleyes: The norm among those that have posted time frames from order to delivery seems to be 8-10 weeks.
In visiting with around a half dozen dealers I heard times from four weeks on the low end to fifteen on the high end. I'm thinking it'll be more like eight to ten but the dealer said they'd do a rush order...not sure if that really means anything, though.

LH

·
Registered
352 Posts
Congrats and welcome to a Mustang and a 'vert at that. I think you are going to love it!!

In visiting with around a half dozen dealers I heard times from four weeks on the low end to fifteen on the high end. I'm thinking it'll be more like eight to ten but the dealer said they'd do a rush order...not sure if that really means anything, though.

LH
Yeah, a lot of salesman will give you a line of bull just to get your business. Mine has been on order for almost a month and I don't expect it for at least 5 more weeks or longer.

The guy that said four weeks is just an idiot. I would stay away from him as he obviously would tell you anything to get your business.

Well now comes the long wait. It is worse than being 5 years old waiting for Xmas!! And I thought as I get older things like this would be easier.

Good luck and post pics once you get it!!

·
Registered
2,458 Posts

LH
It all depends on whether they have the allocation... we've seen a few cars show up in dramatically less time but 8 weeks would be typical if your dealer has open allocation right now. If not they won't be able to get you a car for several months. There is not really such a thing as a rush order but once the order is submitted your dealer can work with his regional to have the priority bumped up which is what they did with mine because my previous dealer had dropped the ball so badly.

Good luck with yours and the Grabber blue with GB accent interior is gonna be a really hot looking combo. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi all,

I just posted in the new member introduction section, but I wanted to pop in here too as I learned a lot here before making the decision on purchasing a new Mustang.

Today I ordered a 2012 GT Premium convertible, Grabber Blue with black and blue accented interior, six speed manual, with 401A, GT convertible 6 accessory, reverse sensing and security, and Electronics packages and I hope to see it in six to eight weeks if the dealer is to be believed.

I'm actually a MOPAR guy (I own a '69 Dodge Dart convertible) and have always owned Japanese drivers (currently an '85 Toyota Celica GTS convertible, '99 Toyota Solara, and '04 Acura TL) but when I wanted a muscle ragtop the choice was obvious.

I like the Challenger but it's too damn big and heavy and no factory convertible. I'm not a huge fan of the new Camaro, but I think the convertible is more attactive than the coupe. The Mustang strikes the right balance of size, power, and price, and I've liked the modern Mustangs since the 2005 redesign.

Anyway, thanks for the info that helped me make my decision. I've spent a lot of time reviewing the threads involving the manual transmission but decided to take a chance. The three 2011 cars I drove felt good so I hope the one I get is OK.

I look forward to posting pics when the car shows up and posting other words of wisdom as I learn about all things Mustang.

:D

LH
Congratulations! Definitely want to see pics!

My dealer told me 5-7 weeks, which I was skeptical, but after getting VIN and build date quickly, I was hopeful. It ended up being built at about 6 weeks but still haven't seen it, 5 weeks later. Supposedly transportation strike, but received news from salesman last week that it was in Kansas City on rail so should be arriving soon if it hasn't already. I'm out of the country on business so soonest I could see it is the 20th.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congratulations! We just bought a 2012 Red Candy vert automatic this week. I haven't taken any pics yet since I've been working since we got it, but I'm planning to tomorrow. I did sneak out and drive it yesterday evening & it was awesome! This was my hubby's 10th anniversary present to me & I think we are going to have so much fun! I know you are going to have so much anticipating your convertible getting here!

F

·
0 Posts

LH
Hey leeherman,

Welcome and congrats on your new order!! I can help you track it if you'd like. Message me with your dealer name and order number and I can help.:)

Deysha

·
Registered
185 Posts
Welcome and I think you will enjoy it. I know the biggest problem with mine was the wait to get it and now not having enough opportunities to drive it.

I thought there was an issue with the electronics and availability. I'm not sure if that has been resolved now. Good luck!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey leeherman,

Welcome and congrats on your new order!! I can help you track it if you'd like. Message me with your dealer name and order number and I can help.:)

Deysha
Thanks, Deysha!

I've been reading your replies in the transmission trouble thread and have seen that you're very willing to help out. Much appreciated!

I have to call the dealer later and will see if they can provide an order number for me by then.

Thanks again!

LH

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome and I think you will enjoy it. I know the biggest problem with mine was the wait to get it and now not having enough opportunities to drive it.

I thought there was an issue with the electronics and availability. I'm not sure if that has been resolved now. Good luck!
Thanks MKPony!

Yep, the waiting is the hard part. This is my first ordered vehicle as my other new vehicles have all been Japanese and either in stock or within weeks of delivery to the dealer, so I'll be anxiously awaiting the new arrival.

I had visited a number of dealers and specifically asked if there were issues with any components due to the situation in Japan. The only comments I had gotten were regarding a few color options that were dropped because the paint supplier couldn't get the pigment from Japan.

Thanks again!

LH

F

·
0 Posts
Thanks, Deysha!

I've been reading your replies in the transmission trouble thread and have seen that you're very willing to help out. Much appreciated!

I have to call the dealer later and will see if they can provide an order number for me by then.

Thanks again!

LH
:thankyou

Deysha

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the club. Got my first vert stang recently and absolutely LOVE it. Hope you do too.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Progress report!

I got my VIN from Deysha today, along with a scheduled build week of 8/1.

At this point I'm assuming there's no issue with the Electronics Package part of my order as the order was never kicked back.

My window sticker isn't available online yet, but I'll check in the next day or two.

Inching closer!

F

·
0 Posts
Progress report!

I got my VIN from Deysha today, along with a scheduled build week of 8/1.

At this point I'm assuming there's no issue with the Electronics Package part of my order as the order was never kicked back.

My window sticker isn't available online yet, but I'll check in the next day or two.

Inching closer!
Congrats again on your build date leeherman!:bigthumbsup No, there are no issues with your Electronics Package on your vehicle. Also, your window sticker will be available roughly a week before your build day. I’d say around the 25th or 26th of this month.:)

Deysha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.