Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read thru a bunch of sections year specific and modle specific. im placing this question here as it seems general to all mustangs...

I have a 84 SVO great car... BUT im depressed above my suspension the frame rail is rotten...heres my questions

1 is this a common area right above where the coil and arms are...

2 can i drop the motor tranny in this fox style in one piece after obviously undoing strut plates and leaving calipers on cars...? is it then possibel to get at that area of the frame and repair it nicely...or does motor and tranny come out seperatly.. then drop susspension ..??

thanks gusy sorry if ive posted in the wrong area..

·
Registered
196 Posts
The easiest...if there is such a word for this repair, is to pull the motor out. Depending on how bad the rust is you may need to remove the suspension.
You can unbolt the front unibody and exchange it out with another car. Try to find one in a junkyard that was hit in the rear and swap out the entire front clip. However unless you can do the work yourself it will cost a small fortune.

In all honesty unless you have a lot of time, money, and room you are better off finding a solid car and cutting your losses. I have seen several of my buddies repair these cars or start the repairs and give up. No matter what, they always say it would have been better to have started with a solid car.

Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.