Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an 06 with custom exhaust and that is quite loud. We all know there's little insulation in the trunk area, I also have 2 12" subs in the trunk as well. What Is a cheaper alternative to dynamat that y'all have had success with? Thanks

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I don't think there is any alternative which works well in hot weather. Many have said that the alternatives have asphalt in them which gets too soft in hot weather.

Here is a link to a product which claims it smells less, yet still surely would get soft and nasty in the heat.

GTMAT Automotive Sound Deadener Dampening Dynamat/Fatmat Alternative

Peel and Seal from home improvement stores is most commonly used, as it is cheap, yet also contains asphalt.

My suggestion> Change your exhaust system back to something slightly quieter.

·
Registered
9,805 Posts
What's wrong with dynamat?

Is it really that expensive? I thought I saw enough to do our trunks at Best Buy for maybe $50 the other day, don't remember the exact price, but that doesn't sound so bad.

But yeah, if your exhaust is so loud that you want to make it quieter, best choice probably is quieter mufflers . . . . Unless you really want to drive everyone else crazy, while insullating yourself from the sound, which seems backwards to me.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I got an 06 with custom exhaust and that is quite loud. We all know there's little insulation in the trunk area, I also have 2 12" subs in the trunk as well. What Is a cheaper alternative to dynamat that y'all have had success with? Thanks
2 12's??? holy **** lol your one of those dudes with no treble and all bass huh? :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts