Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so me and my girlfriends dad are looking for a mustang for my girlfriend. Looked at a couple but they of course either had wayyy to many miles on them or wanted to much for them. She doesn't need much of course, nothing supercharged or anything like that. So randomly a black 02 GT popped up over night across from her house so we had to go check it out.

2002 with around 65k miles. Looks to be a premium model? It has the grey and charcoal leather interior, a nice new head unit, its an automatic, and NOT one! little scratch on the whole car inside and out! Its mint! Only thing was that the driver side mirror was broken off but screwed back on (its not the right way to fix it but its solid and doesn't look as bad like it sounds). Tires are Goodyear eagles i believe with very low miles. The only thing i can find thats not stock on the car is the running horse in the grill, front license plate, and the head unit of course lol. Didnt look under the hood but the dealer said its not been tampered with and it was a women driver who owned it.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
By the pictures it looks real clean and the price is good also as long as the engine and tranny and rear end all check out. My brother just bought a 2000 GT 5-speed with leather interior and not a single scratch on it from my friends mother for only $9,000.00 which was book value. The car only has 19,000 miles on it. It was used 4 months out of the year to just cruise around town with. The only bummer is that she has 16" rims on the car.
Definitely have the drivetrain and all that checked out and if it's good....SNATCH (giggidy-giggidy) IT UP FAST!
-Ruz

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
It does look in the pics. Also a good thing a woman drove it so it was probably hasnt been beaten on too much.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Not to sound sexist, and I don't know your girlfriends preferences or enthusiasm towards cars. But I don't think she needs a GT. My mom/girlfriend love my mustang. But they would be perfectly happy with the v6. Its better on gas, quieter, and overall cheaper insurance and seller asking prices. Now if your GF is into the whole muscle car scene, then go right ahead. Thats a great deal.

But if she just likes the allure of owning a mustang, and cruisin around, then I would personally look into getting a v6. For 9,000 you could get a 2005+ v6 convertible with good miles. I know my girlfriend would LOVE one of those.

·
Registered
133 Posts
It's hard to tell with that picture but is that a stock hood scoop? It almost looks like one of those ones from AM I think they are called xenon ones or something. If it's not a stock scoop then the hood might have been replaced cause I think the all the gts from 00-04 came with factory scoops.... something to maybe check out. (but again, I can't tell with those pictures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts