Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong topic, i am new here. I have 2 questions about a 2001 v6 mustang regarding the sound system and rims. They are probably stupid questions as i have little knowledge about cars.

1. Ive noticed that if i were to remove the stock deck and replace it with a aftermarket one, there would be a gap because of the size difference. Am i right ? If so what are your suggestions on how to patch the gap? It is not the mach system if that makes a difference.
2. I would like to verify that the bolt pattern is 5 bolt. Also, what is the max size of rims i could fit? Would i be okay with 18" ?

Thank you for your time!

·
Registered
363 Posts
for the stereo question the make an installation kit for them so it wont have the gap just check at your local audio shop. As for rims the bolt pattern is a 5x4.5 and i think the correct back spacing is 6.5 inches and 18's will fit fine on it. Check our latemodelrestoration.com they have a bunch of rims that look really good on these cars.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
^
Any shop selling full lines of audio equipment can sell you a dash kit to cover any hole, and securely hook in the radio.

bolt pattern is 5x4.5 or 5x114.3 and an 18 should fit dependent on backspacing, check latemodelresotration, americanmuscle, and cruzinconcepts out for some suggestions/choices know to fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts