Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
has anyone taken this tube off or unplugged it? what is it for anyway.

sorry, there is another post for smae thing-- (air tube)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
yeah its been covered recently, but its a tube that pumps intake noise into the cabin because Ford has done such a good job quieting the the cabin, which Im still unsure why anyone at Ford thought this was a good idea. I removed mine within a week of owning the car

·
Registered
140 Posts
Legend has it another 5.0 owner removed his & plugged. Engine failed unrelated to removal & dealer accused him of using breather tube where removed as nitrous port?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I unpugged the tube from the firewall and also the other end and removed the two foam filters. Air intake sound is much louder now!! Let it alone if you don't want additional sound/noise.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Legend has it another 5.0 owner removed his & plugged. Engine failed unrelated to removal & dealer accused him of using breather tube where removed as nitrous port?
I look at it this way… I have seen Nitrous kits on the new 5.0 and it wasn’t connected thru the sound tube port… And if the dealers hunch was right…. The warranty needed to be voided… Southern Engineering is great but not always the best…
And I have posted many times to this topic in other threads and I always ask the same question… Is there a CAI that does not have the port for the noise tube?
I guess I can do some Southern Engineering for a CAI without the noise port… LOL, 2.5 inch white PVC drain pipe, Krylon brand paint, in black…

@ PIGMAN440

Is it now drawing air in after the MAF sensor?
I may be wrong but if I am right you better check, it could be running major lean...

·
Registered
348 Posts
He removed it and upon taking it in there was the missing tube and scratches on the paint where the screwdriver made a small mark.

The tech sent emails to Ford asking if he should service it because the tech had a "hunch" that it had to do with Nitrous, even though in the email to Ford he clearly stated that upon searching the ENTIRE car, there were no brackets, lines, switches, anything at all.

The moral of this story: Some dealership techs don't know nearly as much as they should.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts