Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Just been looking at some wheels and I've been looking at the 17x7 ones but all of the pre-made ones I've seen have a 4.0" BS. I was looking for a 4.25" or 4.5" BS though. Will a 1/4" spacer or 1/2" spacer work behind the wheel to make this possible? Trying to fit this on a 1965 Fastback. Thanks for all your help. Tried to get a reply in the wheels forum first but haven't gotten one, and I'm getting close to crunch time so I figured try two forums:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
964 Posts
You cannot add spacers to increase backspace, it decreases it. If you put a 1/4'' spacer on a 4.0 bs wheel you will then have 3.75'' backspace , 17x7 with 4.00 will fit fine, not sure what wheels you are looking at but most are 4.25'', 4.5 is too much backspAce for 17x7. Any reason why you want a 17x7? 17x8 with 4.75'' are the best I think or you could use 17x7 front 17x8 back.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
What are the rims ?If its not a factory rim most wheel companies will custom make them in any back spacing but once you order them they are yours no refunds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts