Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was chilling a couple nights ago and I was actually answering a message here at afm when I heard a loud and persistent knocking from my front door. So I go down and it's two of my neighbors from across the street. I don't think I've even spoken to these guys before, so I was curious what was up.

I open the door and the one guy tells me that some girl just backed right into my car and it was LOUD and there is damage, plus as an added bonus, a cherry on top if you will, she took off.

Great way to meet the neighbors huh?:nogrinner lol

Anyway, I go out there and sure enough, there is a nice size dent on the driver door, along the bottom. Not huge, but considering the car was nearly mint before, I was not happy.:nono:

So the guys tell me what they saw. A young girl in a black car backed out of the driveway across from my house and smashed into me and then took off.

I go to the house and tell them they better get the person who him my car back here right now.

This happened maybe 2-3 minutes before, so they called her and she said she was coming back. After 10-15 minutes she still wasn't back so I called the police. They took forever and a day to get there and she still wasn't there. So I go over the whole thing with the cop and no sight of her. He tells the guy that if she isn't here in 5 minutes he's going to arrest her for hit and run.

Finally she shows up. And she is young (and hot lol:shigrin). The cop starts talking to her. And you can tell she's trying to use her, uh, assets to her benefit, but really what could the cop do even if he wanted to?

One of the other neighbors comes up to me and tells me that she was NOT the one that hit me. I didn't say anything just waited to see what was going to happen.

Well she took the blame with the police and gave her insurance (State Farm) and got ticketed in the process. If she would have came to my house and got me, I never would have called the police.

I don't know if it was her or not, but if she wants to cover for someone who may have been drunk or without insurance that's okay with me. As long as my car gets fixed I'm happy.

I have a driveway but park it on the street because I get too much bird crap on it there. My buddy asked which was easier, removing bird crap or removing dents? lol Well it's still on the street. lol. I figure what are the odds it'll happen again? Pretty great I hope:hihi:

Thank god for my neighbors. Or I would have gone out there in the morning for work and found it like that.

So I'm going to a place my family has been dealing with for years. They are going to remove a couple door dings on the driver side as well for free. Plus will give me 50% off on new stripe install. And they do Great work:bigthumbsup So my car will be in damn near mint condition soon.

BTW, the girl that hit me looked a lot like a young Britney Spears:winks

Tried to load a picture but it says there is a problem with the server :(

Sorry for the novel. But if a story is worth telling, it's worth telling right. :winks

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Forget the car, I want to see a picture of the girl :gringreen

·
Registered
266 Posts
Sad story with a happy ending. Glad it will all work out to your benefit.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forget the car, I want to see a picture of the girl :gringreen
LOL Yes I definitely should have snapped a bunch of those pics, for "Insurance" purposes only of course.!!!:gringreen

Yes she was "OMG Hot"!!! Funny. I was sooo pissed when the car pulled up, I was considering something mean and sarcastic to say but as soon as she got out, I was suddenly a lot calmer for Some strange reason:yup:. :laugh::winks

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
That SUCKS Chris! But at least you have good Neighbors:bigthumbsup I'd Probably Cry if it was My Stang, but it never leaves My Sight and hardly the garage:gringreen
Hope she looks as sweet as that young thang when she's done, be sure to post a couple of Pics,,,,,,of the Stang! OK the Girl Too:gringreen

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
oh man that sucks! get a carport so you can park your stang in your drive. dont kick her to the curb!!!:nono: either that or start pellet gunning birds....im not the killing type but we are talking stang preservation here!!!:kooky:

thank God i live in the country in BFE on 5 acres with no neighbors where this kind of stuff doesnt happen. i mean, i get the hot girl and all but im 32 and married with children:winks hot chicks are only for me to glance at from a distance while wearing dark glasses:shigrin

my stang is the other woman in my life:shigrin and i would have been ticked!!!:cursing:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ron I don't imagine you would leave your car parked in front of your house even for 5 minutes let alone for the night:gringreen

I'm not really bummed. It'll get fixed. And I'll have two other problems taken care of too, for a lot less than it would have been if this hadn't happened.

A friend told me he could do the work for nothing. The girl's father offered to pay cash, after I get the estimate I may give him a chance. No bargaining. This is the price. Do you want to pay it yes or no. And no checks:nono: Cash only.

My buddy said to let him do the work for free and buy something really cool for the car. lol. Said he got his supercharger for the RX-8 that way. lol I don't know. Kinda don't trust that he'd do a good enough job :nono:lol. I'll stick with my shop. :bigthumbsup

Oh I forgot this part, the car that hit me, a new Honda Civic.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Too bad the police had to be involved.

I mean heck if she was willing to cover for a friend maybe you would have been able to work out a better deal. Insurance Info & Services Rendered instead of Insurance Info & Police Ticket

Oh well, hope your stang get's treated better at the shop!!!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes GTNOS, I'd do without the hot girl for my stang to be in the condition it was a few days ago.

Lol, if you knew me, you'd know that I couldn't kill any animal. Even for the stang, lol. I take any kind of insect that gets in my house and let them free outside. I feed the birds for god sake.

A carport huh? I was trying to figure out what those were called. I called them tent things. lol :gringreen

I'm an easy going, fun loving, wacky,(cynical and sarcastic, well maybe:):winks) guy usually. Not really the angry type. Except when people drive like azzholes. lol, I was pissed for a few minutes but once I learned the insurance was good, I was like, oh well, you know, things happen. And as much as I love my car, to me, it's still only just a car. I was more pissed that she left. Could have left a note at least.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Well since killing animals is out of the question, never mind my suggestion of getting a BB gun and start taking aim at all the birds around the house. After a few weeks they will be gone.
When I was younger I did this when my parents were gone at work. Few weeks of taking them out, I noticed there were no more darn birds to shoot!

·
Registered
717 Posts
horror story with a good ending, at least you got the fiend and are getting your car fixed. I'd do a small BBQ and invite those neighbors as a way to say thanks.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Yea No leaving My Stang anywhere but Parked in the Garage, the Few times I went to say Wal-Mart with it and parked a mile away from everyone I made the Wife sit in it while I was in the Store and told Her to not let anyone Park by it:gringreen It worked, My Wifes got some Pipes:gringreen Yea Country Living it the Greatest, I also live on 6 acres, the PONY has to have room to Roam:bigthumbsup
Being Serious now:gringreen I'd give the Girls Dad a chance to pay $$$ for it then take it to someone you KNOW will do the work right. I can Paint, and do a darn good Job, but I would'nt do My Own:gringreen Im also Married and have to look at HOT Chicks through My Sun Glasses, so why not Post a Pic on here of the Girl so Us Married Men dont have to Wear them:gringreen

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
that sucks that Hot girl hit ur car

but i agree with everyone else put a pic of this girl on here:gringreen

·
Registered
882 Posts
Your neighbors are really cool, I would repay them somehow. They could have just been like "eh". And I agree, I have a huge soft spot for hot chicks making mistakes while driving.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sorry to hear that man.. Just two weeks ago, I had the same exact thing happen to me, and you posted on my thread... My car was parked on the side street, and the lady across me hit my car. I'm glad you got it resolved though; I also had to involve the police unfortunately...

At least it'll get fixed soon enough! and then you just know to enjoy your car all that much more. :p

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Your neighbors are really cool, I would repay them somehow. They could have just been like "eh". And I agree, I have a huge soft spot for hot chicks making mistakes while driving.
Sounds like a personal problem :heha:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry to hear that man.. Just two weeks ago, I had the same exact thing happen to me, and you posted on my thread... My car was parked on the side street, and the lady across me hit my car. I'm glad you got it resolved though; I also had to involve the police unfortunately...

At least it'll get fixed soon enough! and then you just know to enjoy your car all that much more. :p

Geez, what an awful coincidence. :( I think it happens more than we know. Especially when the drive across the street lines up perfectly. Even had the neighbors not come over and gotten me, it wouldn't have taken Columbo to figure out what driveway the car came from. But I wouldn't have been able to prove it.

Yes guys, I plan to do something for the neighbors:). I've been here for like six years and I've never really spoken to them. Maybe a wave every now and then. So that they cared enough to come over and get me was unexpected.

BTW There are no pics of the girl! Sorry guys. But if the dad pays the cash, maybe I'll tell him I want some nice bikini shots of the daughter thrown in too;), for all of you guys at afm not that I'd ever want them for my self or anything. :shigrin jk

She was hot, but not my type. Too spacey:yup:, too blonde:yup:. :nogrinner

I like educated women that can speak without using "like" every 3 seconds and don't giggle like a retard:laugh:. Plus I prefer brunettes:winks

R

·
0 Posts
So if that wasn't the girl that hit your car, did she actually show up in the black car with a giant white dent on it?

Oh, and pics to help visualize certain... elements of this story. :gringreen

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Geez, what an awful coincidence. :( I think it happens more than we know. Especially when the drive across the street lines up perfectly. Even had the neighbors not come over and gotten me, it wouldn't have taken Columbo to figure out what driveway the car came from. But I wouldn't have been able to prove it.
Yeah, it was the same here. I knew who did it, but the neighbors didn't come to me till after I found out so I was pretttty worried I would have to pay for damages myself. And forking over 1000 bucks out of nowhere is never fun.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts