Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - I hope everyone is doing fine. I'm wondering how to properly select a spark plug and why this plug was selected (AGSF 32C) for my cobra. It's got 64K miles on it.

It's a 93 with 64K miles on it and a pretty healthy cam in it. I dont know which. I'm pretty sure it's like the E303 or B303 - I dont know the difference. I dont know how to tell which it is. I wish I knew more.

It has 30# injectors, GT40Intake. The Mass Air is a Pro FLow- It says model 75mm (I think- It's hard to read) But it's calibrated for the 30# Injectors.(I can read that as it's very clear)

The Cobra Runs great and it's very Quick. I wish i knew more but I dont. I bought the car from a collector. He bought it with the understanding it was all stock It was shipped to him and well It was not. It did come with the original intake in the back. I thought about changing it back but man it runs great.

I pulled a spark plug and it was a Motorcraft AGSF 32C-- what does this tell me? any thoughts on how to figure cam and why they went with 30# injectors? It doesnt run rich at all. The plug looked good- no carbon etc. It was light brown. I'd say they've been in there for a long time 'cause the plugs were rusty on the outside.

Any thoughts?

Any way to figure out more?

You guys are great. Thanks so much. John

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
There is very little difference between an E and B cam although the E is emissions compliant. You would not be able to tell visually. There is going to be little difference between the intakes you mentioned. If I recall correctly 93 Cobra's came with an E cam and 24lb injectors and a "Cobra embossed"/ GT40 intake). If it were me, I'd just slap a new brass contact distributor cap ( prefer MSD), maybe a set of 8mm wires, and a new set of plugs (Autolite 24s) and call it a day. Sounds like standard mods from back in the day.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm gonna take a picture of the intake, as it looks nothing like the intake that came on the COBRA originally. And I cant find one that looks like it. I was told it was a GT40. Also why would they swap it if it's the same?? I just feel something is...I feel like I'm missig something.

Would the MotorCraft AGSF 32C spark plug be equivilant to the Autolite 24's?

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
that 93 came with a cast aluminum intake with Cobra on it, the "real" GT40 intake was a tubular design, is that what you have?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well this is what I've got - I was told it was a GT 40 Intake but maybe not. The caris pretty quick. Actually it's kinda surprising quick -I've been paying with hot rods '67-'71 since maybe 11th grade. I'm40 now. Going '93 is different for me but I'm getting the hang of it.

If this is the same as the original why would anyone swap? I dont get it. It looks nothing like the one I have that is supposed to be original. Anyone got a pic of the original?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
It's a GT40 alright. You have a naturally aspirated car that looks like a performance time capsule from 1990-1995. I'm surprised it has the rubber distributor cover. Nice motorsport blue wires. The original had similar flow characteristics but was not able to be opened up like the GT40. Yours may have had some extra honing and polishing. I like it. I'd leave it alone for now until you decide to force feed it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts