Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
might have a bad wiring connection somewhere. do you have a stock sound system/receiver or an aftermarket?

·
Registered
621 Posts
my left speaker seems to be cutting out and in.
is it blown or shorted

Normally speakers open, but it could be a wire to the speaker shorted, the amplifier driving the speaker bad, or anything in the channel driving the speaker bad. Short or open, who cares? Bad is bad.

The easiest way to find it is substitution. Substitue another speaker temporarily by swapping speakers with a good channel, or a speaker that you have laying around. If you change ONLY the speaker and the problem goes away, you know it was the speaker.

You can swap the speaker leads at the amplifier too. If you swap the Left and Right amplifier speaker leads at the amplifier (or radio) and the problem moves to the other side, it is the amplifier (or radio).

Anyone who knows electronics that can help you should be able to tell without guessing in a few minutes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is that something that might be covered under warrenty? it is a 2007.

When i take hard corners it seems to go out. it must be wires then or something loose. how much might it cost to get it looked at? i have very little knowlege of electronics, espacially speaker systems

·
Registered
766 Posts
If it does it consistently take it back to the dealer. Your car is new enough unless you have more than 36K on your car, or maybe you were smart enough to extend the warranty.
I say that if your car is doing anything out of the ordinary and you are still under warranty, let the dealer sweat it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.