Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am begining to upgrade my sound system, (shaker 500), and I will begin with my 6x8 speakers. I believe the factory speakers are just real good paper dual cone speakers. Does anyone know for sure?
Anyway the main point of my post is have you upgraded your speakers, and if so which ones did you go with? I am looking at Infinity 6810cs, Sony XS-V6841H, Pioneer TS-a6880r, and Infinity 6812cf. :eyepoppin

thanx!

·
Registered
102 Posts
The factory speakers on a non-shaker setup are ass. They have "made in china" stamped on the bottom. Ew.

Your speaker choices are all good except for Sony. Sony speakers, in my opinion are the clueless ricer's choice. They're nice and loud, but the fidelity is nowhere near as good as the Infinity or Pioneer brands. JVC and Clarion also make a nice set in the size you're looking for and they're a decent price.

It all depends how much you want to spend, and what kind of sound you're looking for. Do you want loudness, thump, or clarity? Do you listen mostly to Rock, Dance, (c)rap, Instrumental, or general purpose? All of these factors should be taken into account when you choose a set of speakers. My advice is to speak to a professional audio installer at a NON-commission dealer and be up-front about your budget.

·
Registered
767 Posts
^^^what he said^^^

I put Infinity Kappa 682.7cf series speakers in the doors and deck of mine when I replaced the skipper1000 setup. Couldn't be happier with my speaker choice. But that doesn't mean that what I picked will suit your style of listening.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Mostly classic rock, some nirvana style, metalica, some country, and the occasional "baby got back" etc. The only non-commision auto stereo places around here are best buy and circuit city, and i know quite abit more than those 17 year old brats, who have been on the job for all of 6 weeks maybe. I will order my speakers off of the web, and install them myself. The only car stereo joints around here (auto audio, and Ark car stereo) are msrp plus 30%, only availble installed, plus install charges. etc. Kinda like buying it on rodeo drive in beverly hills. Anyway I'm mostly just lookin to hear some success stories, and opinnions.
Thanx:)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hawgman, are those infin's 2-ohm:eyepoppin and did you change head units? What amp are you using? Etc?thanx

·
Registered
115 Posts
I went with the Infinity Kappas 182.7 as well. I also have an Alpine 9853. The speakers are two ohm. I have to say Im a little dissapointed in the speakers. I have an Infinity Reference Amp and they just dont quite put out the bass I thought they would. They do sound clearer and will go much louder than factory speakers however.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts