Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 gt convertible. We just got through putting in Steeda full length subframe connectors,3:73 gears, aluminum driveshaft and a diff. girdle. I noticed when I brought it home from the shop that at about 40 mph I can hear a ringing sound, like the sound of a bell or vibrating metal. The noise gets higher pitched the faster I go. I have looked underneath the car and can find nothing loose. This noise was not there before the changes were made. It only happens when I'm on the gas. The shop rebuilt the Trac-loc also and said it was setup very tight but the noise from that stopped after just a few miles after the lube got worked in. Any ideas???

·
Registered
77 Posts
It might be the backlash is wronge when the gears were installed. If I'm remeber I think it's supposed to be between 8 - 14. When I had the gears installed in mine, it was lashed at 8 and the gears had an even pattern but whined like my gf :shigrin as soon as i soon as i easied off the accelerator. I had it relashed around 11 and never heard a sound again. :winks Too bad it doesnt work on gf's :winks

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Make sure that that transmission is full of ATF.

·
Registered
47 Posts
There is a special additive for the posi-clutches they add to the diff. Also if you got new ring and pinion, there is a coating that wears off and WILL make noise for first 100-200 miles, no worry. besides if it is setup bad, you will notice a problem very soon (warranty?!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.