Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What holds the "GT" emblems on the side, adhesive or some pin-through-a-hole arrangement in the fender?
Has anyone removed them and if it was adhesive, what's it like to clean up the finish behind it?

I don't mind the one on the back, but the sides would sure look good "clean"...or maybe with something else I have in mind and adding it would be "cluttered".

·
Registered
93 Posts
They're fairly easy to take off since they're held on by doubleback 3M tape. But...... there is also two holes in the sheet metal which help hold the GT emblems on. So if you take the emblems off be prepared to cover them with something else or have them filled in and re-painted. And if you take them off just use a hair dryer to heat the tape up and then use something like dental floss to start peeling the tape back. Good luck.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jerryII said:
They're fairly easy to take off since they're held on by doubleback 3M tape. But...... there is also two holes in the sheet metal which help hold the GT emblems on. So if you take the emblems off be prepared to cover them with something else or have them filled in and re-painted. And if you take them off just use a hair dryer to heat the tape up and then use something like dental floss to start peeling the tape back. Good luck.
Thanks, Jerry...
Well, the two holes is a bad thing, but maybe workable depending on how arranged....are they aligned in the horizontal plane, or the vertical? If vertical, do you recall the distance between them?

I was thinking of just running nekkid there, but now I'm thinking those "Hurst equipped" plastic thingies would look "different".

'Preciate it, Bud!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts