Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think its time stores reserve a few spots in the back of the lot for people who care about getting thier car doors dinged and what not. Just take 5 spots or so, the ones way back that never get used, and put up a rail or something on each side so your neighbor cant swing his door against yours. Not that he would while parking in the no door ding zone anyway.

·
Registered
435 Posts
That's kind of a cool idea, but there are a few problems with that. First of all, who pays to put these in? Second, doesn't everyone, to some degree, care about their car?

Also, dinging someone's door is illegal....vandalism! Wouldn't that condone that type of thing in the other spots if there was a certain zone you SHOULDN't do it?

That being said, I would like such a spot to park MY baby in when I go to the store! Bought 1/10/05 and THANKFULLY dingless!!!:happyhapp

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Umm. sure... Some people may care, but what about little kids and the oops, I didn't mean to do that. I was at the dentist office one day when a mom and son "team" went out to get in their Durango and the little kid swung the door open and bam, a big dinger in the car door. Hindsight, I should have got out and spoke with the mom, but she had no clue what just happened. I say if you are gonna take the baby to the store park way out away from civilization and walk, otherwise park and accept the fact that your baby may have a nice shiner upon your return.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Crazy001 said:
That's kind of a cool idea, but there are a few problems with that. First of all, who pays to put these in? Second, doesn't everyone, to some degree, care about their car?

Also, dinging someone's door is illegal....vandalism! Wouldn't that condone that type of thing in the other spots if there was a certain zone you SHOULDN't do it?

That being said, I would like such a spot to park MY baby in when I go to the store! Bought 1/10/05 and THANKFULLY dingless!!!:happyhapp
Yeah I was just kinda rambling, was reading a walmart owned my car thread somewhere else and this idea just crossed my mind.

Maybe ill get some boat bumpers and hang them off the side when I park her. They come in a nice array of colors too!

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
hehehe....that would be a very unique mod....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Stoenr said:
Yeah I was just kinda rambling, was reading a walmart owned my car thread somewhere else and this idea just crossed my mind.

Maybe ill get some boat bumpers and hang them off the side when I park her. They come in a nice array of colors too!
They would prolly get stolen and you would get keyed too. But they do come in nice colors. :winks

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I noticed my first ding/dent. Looks like kid on a bike leaned the handle bar on it to take a peak inside. Little F-er. Dent doctor when I get a chance. So now a $125-200 to get indent out. I catch a kid leaning on my car … olympic bike toss has been invented.

G

·
Every dent I receive (fortunately absent from the stang at the moment) I always think of one of my favorite scenes from pulp fiction:
Lance: Still got your Malibu?
Vincent: Aw, man. You know what some ----er did the other day?
Lance: What?
Vincent: ----ing keyed it.
Lance: Oh, man, that's ----ed up.
Vincent: Tell me about it. I had it in storage for three years, it was out for five days and some d---less piece of ---t ----ed with it.
Lance: They should be ----ing killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.
Vincent: Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that ---hole doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it.
Lance: What a ----er!
Vincent: What's more chicken---- than ----ing with a man's automobile? I mean, don't ---- with another man's vehicle.
Lance: You don't do it.
Vincent: It's just against the rules.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I own the record in the bike toss event. 21 feet 7 and 2/4". Wating on my second attempt.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Parking away from civilization was working well for me until last week at work. Apparently a mother and her small children thought the grass in front of my car was a great place to have a little picnic. Not to mention that really weren't that many other cars in the parking lot either. As I'm taking the long hike to my car I see this little 2 yr old touching my car and I'm thinking, oh, okay...wait, I won't even touch my car like that. And that is when it happened. The kid starts trying to climb up on my hood. WTF? I really wished I had hit the panic button, that would have been hilarious.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
239 Posts
There's not much that can be done

Ladies and gentlemen,

Just remember that 50% of the world's population are 'mouth breathers' (if you know what I mean), or below average in mental capacity. You can do what you can in attempting to prevent clueless, non-thinking, people from mindlessly knocking their doors into your car, but it's never enough. Then in the mix of cluelessness, comes the vindictive 'I don't give a crap' people who out of jelousy, will go out of their way to inflict damage upon your car because of any minor efforts you may have made to avoid them.

I always try to stay low key. Luckily, my pony is not a daily driver. When I have to park her in a lot, I find spots where no one else can park next to it. I won't take two spots and I won't park on the edge of the lot either. I sort of like those magnetic guards; but, I see two problems: The guards may eventually put fine scratches into the clearcoat and two, they're like a bullseye for those looking to prove a point that they don't work.

Keep a St. Christofer medal (patron saint and protector of drivers) in your car. Make sure you have it blessed by your local priest. That's about all you can do.

·
Registered
62 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts