Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I was thinking about lowering my Mustang with some new springs in the near future but I have a slight concern.

I unfortunately have to drive over several fairly large speed bumps and steep driveways every day. If I go slow enough I can avoid scrapping my car against the road, but I feel if I were to lower my Mustang even a centimeter I'd end up scrapping against the road every time I go over these bumps.

Is this a legitimate issue to be concerned with? Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
531 Posts
i have tein springs so my car is pretty low. i just go slow and at a angle and i rarely hit the bumper or exhaust, like 1/100.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have tein springs so my car is pretty low. i just go slow and at a angle and i rarely hit the bumper or exhaust, like 1/100.
Just so I have a point of reference, how low is pretty low?

·
Registered
531 Posts
im like less than an inch from the ground. i cant go straight up driveways or speed bumps.

you will get use to it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I dropped an inch and a half and can go over speed bumps straight on at low speed with no issues.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm an inch in front, 2 in the back. I can clear almost every driveway and speed bump, but you must go sloooooooow. For driveways, you have to put some kind of angle on them to avoid bottoming out. But it's worth it for that superior look.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But it's worth it for that superior look.
For sure!

Thanks for the replies everyone. Sounds like the slow and angled approach will keep the bottom of my Mustang happy.

Now for the hard part, figuring out what kit to buy.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I am happy with my Rousch Extreme springs. Coupled with my KONI ST.R struts and shocks I have a nice firm ride. Anytime you lower your car you will suffer your ride comfort. It's all in what you want more of.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts