Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2-3 years ago, I had 4.10 gears installed and they adjusted the speedo I am guessing using the SCT II scanner I purchased. A while after that, I had a custom tune installed and its been like that for years. Last week, I decided to reload my stock tune so I can start using 87 octane again. That went fine but it must have wiped the gear ratio setting because my speedo doesn't work right now. I noticed this morning when it said I was doing 90. As much as I wish I was, I know I wasn't and the gear ratio must have been reset to stock. Question is how do I set it back to 4.10 using the SCT scanner? Can I do it just with the scanner or do I need a laptop too? Now when I get pulled over, and the cop says, "do you know how fast you were going?", I have to honestly say, I really don't know.:shigrin

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If someone can't answer this, does anyone know a shop in CT, preferrably near New Haven that can do a gear swap. I want to go back to my stock gears. Trading the car in. XXTuning is out of business.

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Do you have an instruction manual for the tuner? If not I would go to sct.com or whatever their website is and try to download one. At any rate, I would just plug the tuner in and see what menu options pop up, these handhelds are typically pretty easy to figure out. I have a Diablo so I doubt I can give you any real specific direction with this, but on mine it's pretty simple; once you access the menu options just select "modify parameters" and then "axle ratio", then whatever ratio that might be. I would expect that your SCT handheld should be pretty similar. And worse case, just go to SCT's website, fimd their phone # and get on the phone with somebody and they should be able to walk you through it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts