Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, its been a while, but the project is back under way and I now have a question...
I bought a complete set of Autometer replacement gauges to do a custom gauge cluster for my dash, new in dash tach and speedo, etc... However, I ran into one problem. My 88 Mustang GT has a speedometer cable (mechanical) and the new speedometer I bought is an electric "plug and play". Does anyone here, and their infinite wisdom know if this is an easy fix? Does anyone know if there is a mechanical to electric adapter possibly? Or does anyone know how I can still use my electric gauge by avoiding the mechanical cable all together? The unfortunate part is I did not pay attention when I bought everything and came up with my design and plan and now Im inda stuck. There is no "mechanical" Autometer "Cobalt" model speedometer gauge. They only produce the electric one.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Do you have cruise control ?? If you do you can tap into the wires on the VSS to run your elec speedo..

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I do not have cruise control.

Anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Question:
Are the 94-95 5.0 engines running an electric speedo or a mechanical? If they are running an electric speedo, is it possible for me to swap out my mechanical speedo cable set-up with a 94/95 electric set-up? How easy or problematic would that be? I mean I wouldlove to just find an adapter system, but this sounds like it could be me next best.
Thanks guys. Im really stuck here... :headscratch:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.