Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:

I'm trying to change the speedometer from Miles/h to Km/h but I don't know what parts I need to change. It's only a speedometer cable change? or I need to change something more?

Regards from Canary Islands

·
Registered
471 Posts
Maybe wrong but I think you will have to locate a factory speedo that is setup for Km/h :headscratch:. You might also have to change out the gear in the trans for it to read correctly.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Isnt the speedo in Miles and KM/H? never noticed.... but if u get a speedo for yours in KM then it is calibrated for that application, u shouldnt have to change anything else. just make sure the speedo gear in the trans is the right one for ur rearend gear and trans u have in the car

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I understand what you are asking because I spent 5 years in Germany. To switch it over is really simple. There are German or European Mustang II's and there instrument panel is the same shape and size as ours. It is a direct replacement. I did not need to change the speedo or anything. Just plugged it up and I had the K in the bold and mph in the small. I got less tickets then also.

·
Registered
51 Posts
There should be quite a few good used dash guage clusters from Canada that are in KM/H. Ford made the change in Canada in 77 or 78 I believe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts