Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 88 mustang gt and about 3 months ago i replaced the speedo gear cuz my speedo was bouncing around and it was fine up until yesterday when it started bouncing around again. do they make metal gears for it so the plastic ones wont strip out cuz i am almost certain that is what happened again. or what else could be my problem. also i replaced my lower intake and after reinstalling the distributor my timing was off a little bit so i set it at 12* and after plugging the SPOUT connector back in it seemed it jumped like 2* or so is this normal? is 12 to high? should i compensate for the jump? last night it seemed to be smoking from the exhaust to i dont know if it was just cold out and i was thinking to far into it or what but today it isnt doing it. it performs fine and nothing seems to be wrong. please help any would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Don't worry about what the timing does after you reconnect the spout. Just make sure it's where you want it before you plug it in.

·
Registered
575 Posts
check the cable at the tranny, and behind the speedo. when i installed my new speedo gear i also bought a new unit. at low speeds it kinda bounces, but after i get going its all good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.