Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have 1999 mustang GT that started its life as an automatic and was recently converted to a manual. The transmission used was a TR-3650 out of a 2003 Mach 1. Everything went pretty smooth however i cannot get my speedo to work at all. Its still the factory Auto ECU custom tuned for manual parameters. i get a code for the output shaft sensor so i replaced it without any luck. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
What body wire colors have you used? My wiring diagrams say DG/WH and GY/RD.

I really suspect a wiring error as the OSS sensor generates it's own small electrical output that needs to be electrically isolated (no external power). I would confirm the OSS sensor even generates an AC signal in the first place. Likely the OSS sensor is OK (since it has been replaced) but do you know if the gap is correct? Have you confirmed there an OSS toothed ring under the sensor?

Note, I suspect that when you do get this to work the Speedo will be wrong. Why? Because Ford changed the number of OSS teeth between the model years. However this problem can be corrected with a tune (same as a rear end change).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts