Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so someone jacked one of the spinners off my wheel today at school and it pissed me off. how much are they to replace. im goin to get my oil changed tomarrow and i was wondering about what price range
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
I recently had mine done w/the factory fill semi-synthetic using Kedall and it was $30.


On your spinner, can't say how much but you could do a goggle and find out.
If I had current retail value for every gas cap and shifter knob we snagged off the 60's models.....:shigrin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
559 Posts
As the old saying goes:

If it ain't glued on, those buggers will take it...

Have had my chrome air valve caps lifted several times...

Glad I don't have spinners because there is no way (other than glueing them on) that they will stay on the car if a kid thinks "he wants 'em"...

Sorry!!!

Dave :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
I think they're about $100 for a set of 4.

I bought a set from here http://www.brsparts.com/homepg2.html instead of the Ford version. These are real metal instead of plastic, and get installed under the wheel so they can't be stolen without taking the entire wheel off the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
my1ststang said:
I think they're about $100 for a set of 4.

I bought a set from here http://www.brsparts.com/homepg2.html instead of the Ford version. These are real metal instead of plastic, and get installed under the wheel so they can't be stolen without taking the entire wheel off the car.
Are the factory spinners plastic? I wanted to get a set, but $90 for plastic is robbery.:happyhapp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
richey rich789 said:
so someone jacked one of the spinners off my wheel today at school and it pissed me off. how much are they to replace. im going to get my oil changed tomorrow and i was wondering about what price range
As for the spinners, I THINK this is the one you need:
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=7653

$30. Sad, considering they just pull off. What the hell were they thinking? I lost one by hitting a curb (slow) on a turn. :eek: No apparent damage to the wheel but the spinner was gone when I got home. Guess I'll wait till I lose another couple so I can order a set and save on shipping. :laughlitt

Regarding the oil change, why not just do it yourself? I got myself a new jack and stands for $25 bucks at Walmart, I sprung another $20 for the creeper, plus another $20-30 for full synthetic, $3 for a new filter wrench and $8 for a premium filter. "Suzie" (wife named her) is my baby and she's worth every penny. I wouldn't trust just any place to do mine - certainly not Jiffy-Lube. This oil change is costing me $75 (still prolly cheaper then the dealer would charge), but the next one will only cost me $30 or less and I'll be certain it's done right.

Course I'm still thinking of trading her in for the GT!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
Why would they steal one? So they can where it around their neck like a ghetto...I'm not gunna resort to name-calling, but you get my drift.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
junior said:
Are the factory spinners plastic? I wanted to get a set, but $90 for plastic is robbery.:happyhapp
Factory spinners are chromed plastic. Just go to any dealer and easily pull them off a car on the lot.

That made my decision to purchase aftermarket spinners. I'm willing to pay $150 for real metal spinners that can't just be pulled off the wheel.

Besides, the aftermarket spinners from BRS look better IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all your help its much appreciated:worship . well i went to get my oil changed and it turned out to be around 30 bucks. well i get out of school today, excited that i get the new spinner to put back on it when wait a minute. a giant slap in the face. 2 more. ill say it again 2 more spinners missing. im about to stab someone with a pencil. so i got pissed off n talked to my principle, who said to talk to the police. so i did and filed a report. and theres going to be absolutely nothing done. so im thinking about leaving a little early from school and i dont know maybe just waiting around to see whos f%&^ing with my car. i could about cry right now. as for the why would someone do that question. we have a few people whom i will not describe for fear of losing control of my tongue who think its fun to key peoples cars. and we have a lot of really stupid people. i just might start parking off campus now. im so mad. is there any way to keep the stock ones on?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
richey rich789 said:
thanks for all your help its much appreciated:worship . well i went to get my oil changed and it turned out to be around 30 bucks. well i get out of school today, excited that i get the new spinner to put back on it when wait a minute. a giant slap in the face. 2 more. ill say it again 2 more spinners missing. im about to stab someone with a pencil. so i got pissed off n talked to my principle, who said to talk to the police. so i did and filed a report. and theres going to be absolutely nothing done. so im thinking about leaving a little early from school and i dont know maybe just waiting around to see whos f%&^ing with my car. i could about cry right now. as for the why would someone do that question. we have a few people whom i will not describe for fear of losing control of my tongue who think its fun to key peoples cars. and we have a lot of really stupid people. i just might start parking off campus now. im so mad. is there any way to keep the stock ones on?
If you think thats bad, my friend got one stolen but the people who stole it must of thought they would need a screwdriver, so they GOUGED the hell out of his rim and took the spinner, needless to say he had to buy a new rim and spinner(still hasnt gone to get it replace lazy *******!) So your not the only one and I do feel your pain once i even took them all of and put them inside my car I was scared some punks were watching my car a little to close for my tastes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Dont waste yer time with those factory spinners..... In fact I got em for sale if ya want em...... I'll sell em real cheap for the entire set..... just e-mail or PM me....


I bought these at BRS parts.... Bob made em special for me ...they are the swept version and are metal instead of plastic..... You can spin em to get to the lug nuts but ya cant remove em easily without the proper tools... I love em!!

Leon
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Can't find it right now, but thought I remember that someone said you can insert a piece of pvc pipe from the backside of the wheel to hold the spinner after it is installed. Maybe another forum, I'll try to find the info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
egotrip723 said:
Spinners on a mustang? There's something wrong with that...:thumbdown
I'm assuming your talking about DUB Spinners and not the old fashion halbards(I believe thats what there called) which do look good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Those Ford OEM spinners are a POS. Cheap plastic, very stealable as you found out, and they fit so loose that they spin when the tire rotates -- ugh.

Knockoffs/spinners from BPSPARTS are the only way to fly. The aluminum hub bolts on from the backside center of the wheel so no problems with a teenie bopper stealing. Bob's best seller is the straight rather then the swept spinner. I have the optional kit so you can swap out center emblems from the different years. I have the 93 Cobra emblems mounted and receive lots of comments. Bob's link is http://www.brsparts.com/homepg2.html

I also purchased a set of the brushed spin-cap air stem caps which are anti-theft and are a high quality product with many styles to choose from. Link is http://spin-caps.com/

Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
do the gt billits, and the v6 rims have the same center diameter? because i was thinking of upgrading further down the road either to those or wider knockoffs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
richey rich789 said:
do the gt billits, and the v6 rims have the same center diameter? because i was thinking of upgrading further down the road either to those or wider knockoffs
Yes they do......here they are.....
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks for the offer on the stock ones, but after some looking at the stock crap i decided to take the plunge on the real thing. just ordered from brs parts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
richey rich789 said:
thanks for the offer on the stock ones, but after some looking at the stock crap i decided to take the plunge on the real thing. just ordered from brs parts
Congrats on the purchase..... Tell Bob at BRS Parts I said Hello!! yer gonna love em!!
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top