Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can I do to pep it up so I can at least spin some rubber when I floor it? I understand it's a 2.3 from ford but isn't there anything I can do to even get a chirp out of an auto 2.3 with new tires? If I go around a circle I can slide my ass end but thats about it.

·
Registered
654 Posts
floor it in "R" and don't let off the fuel when you drop it to "D". hold on tight.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
dont do reverse drops or neutral drops, its gonna take alot to get a n/a 2.3 to burn em you can always come off a hard left turn with it floored from a stop.

a stick will be easier as you can rev and dump the clutch but still your not gonna be able to roach the tires unless you both get some gears 3.73 or 4.11

·
Registered
68 Posts
Be EASY. That 7.5 rear won't take too many drops like that. We're talkin' spider gear soup.
I don't understand why you cant spin the tires. I can brake torque mine with no problem and I have 265/50/15's on it right now. At the track, I can get a light clean off type burnout in the box, and have to watch my rpms on the line or it will break loose on the launch.

·
Registered
563 Posts
exactly dont do a reverse drop or neutral drop... your just asking to EXPLODE gears! and as for the "brake torque" he means just hold the brakes a little and push the gas... other wise known as a brake stand. i do this and if you hold the gas at about 1500 to 2000 rpm's when you let off the brake she'll take off squealing. :) and it doesnt tear anything up :bigthumbsup
so that's a plus there. haha

·
Registered
67 Posts
just go find a dirt patch and let em burn. As far as the brake torque. When i try i rev to about 4000 RPM and pop the Clutch. then it jumps like 2 inches sputters and dies. I dont even have time to get to the brake. What do you think would cause the "jump and Die". Should i lower the car.....

·
Registered
563 Posts
oh ok you have a clutch. didnt read that part. your letting out too fast on the clutch and its causing it to "wheel bite" and cut off.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
a stick will be easier as you can rev and dump the clutch but still your not gonna be able to roach the tires unless you both get some gears 3.73 or 4.11

What can I get those gears out of and is it easy to change? Will that give me better low end torque?

·
Registered
563 Posts
idk what to tell you to get them out of. but smaller gears give better torque, but less top speed, larger gears give better top speed, but lower torque. so its tit for tat.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wet the ground, and hit the gas.
It won't mess it up as much as spinning them on dry ground.

When i'm sitting at a stop light and the ground is wet. just hit the gas =]

·
Registered
563 Posts
Haha yeah wet road = OD burnout haha

·
Registered
457 Posts
i chirped yesterday going from reverse and flooring it in d i had to make an illegal uturn really quick

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Be EASY. That 7.5 rear won't take too many drops like that. We're talkin' spider gear soup.
I don't understand why you cant spin the tires. I can brake torque mine with no problem and I have 265/50/15's on it right now. At the track, I can get a light clean off type burnout in the box, and have to watch my rpms on the line or it will break loose on the launch.

I'd be alot more worried about the trans than I would the rear.

·
Registered
457 Posts
well seeing you have double the engine we do, its mostly for show. we dont get a cool 5.0 emblem, we need to impress the girls some way :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.