21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

·
Registered
84 Posts
93 foxbody do you have a stick or auto? I have no problem spinning my tires with my 5 speed. just curious. I just get the car rolling forward real slowly and do like a 3 grand drop of the clutch, and look out. lol I can hold it for like 3 seconds. well longer if i didnt have to shift lol.:gringreen Got to love our 2.3's massive power!!!. lol

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
93 foxbody do you have a stick or auto? I have no problem spinning my tires with my 5 speed. just curious. I just get the car rolling forward real slowly and do like a 3 grand drop of the clutch, and look out. lol I can hold it for like 3 seconds. well longer if i didnt have to shift lol.:gringreen Got to love our 2.3's massive power!!!. lol

Automatic. I know it's the slowest 2.3l. Lol. See why I can't even chirp.

·
Registered
84 Posts
gottcha. well maybe get some really bald tires..lol. sorry i wish i could be of more help.

·
Registered
457 Posts
man i swear my 0-60 is like double the time of some 50's quarter mile time..... pulling onto a freeway acess road is a joke i have to floor my ish just to get up to speed.....slowly. god intended our cars to be reliable cruisers/commuters and not be a speed demon. thats why the 50 was made.... u want to chirp your tires go get a 50. simply said

·
Registered
563 Posts
This is what I'm going to get to help me a bit.
B&M Launch Control - JEGS
Has anyone used one before? Is it reliable?
all this is, is Line Lock. it just holds the front brakes. its the same thing (basically) as holding one foot on the brake and one on the gas. and i have also done some reading on that particular model your looking at and if you hook it up wrong your screwed. :deadhorse:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
all this is, is Line Lock. it just holds the front brakes. its the same thing (basically) as holding one foot on the brake and one on the gas. and i have also done some reading on that particular model your looking at and if you hook it up wrong your screwed. :deadhorse:
I know what it's for and I won't hook it up wrong.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
563 Posts
haha. ok then well have fun with it :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
its the same thing (basically) as holding one foot on the brake and one on the gas.

I can't do a brake stand anyways. For some reason that car sucks off the line. I have to do the valve cover gasket so I have to remove the plenum. While i'm at it i'll put the original 14lb injectors back in to see if it'll solve the problem. Today I took it for an hour highway ride. I had a hard enough time getting the car to go from 70 - 85 mph. Anything below that it was fine. Top end sucks too. WTF!!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
The best thing ever to do in a 2.3 5 speed is to get in a parking lot with lots of space and rev up to about 4,500 and dump the clutch in reverse. Get the tires spinning and when you pick up some speed push the clutch in and quickly turn the wheel all the way to one side. The front tires loose traction and you spin the front around 180 degrees. Then slam it in 1st and dump the clutch and roast the tires out of the parking lot. It takes like 5 seconds to do all of this but it's the best 5 seconds of your life. :hihi:

G

·
The best thing ever to do in a 2.3 5 speed is to get in a parking lot with lots of space and rev up to about 4,500 and dump the clutch in reverse. Get the tires spinning and when you pick up some speed push the clutch in and quickly turn the wheel all the way to one side. The front tires loose traction and you spin the front around 180 degrees. Then slam it in 1st and dump the clutch and roast the tires out of the parking lot. It takes like 5 seconds to do all of this but it's the best 5 seconds of your life. :hihi:
If you do that be sure to have a towing service on speed dial .....

You will be needing one.....

also bring a broom to sweep up the parts of your trammision & rear which will be laying on the ground....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Annoying as hell to get right in an auto though.. LOL There really is no way to spin the tires in a 2.3l without putting a lot of strain on the tranny or rear end. Our stupid little tranny's and 7.5 rear ends can't handle anymore stress then to go get groceries haha. Do what I'm gonna do and swap out the 2.3l drivetrain with a 5.0l drivetrain.. Small block 302 and all ;)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Proof of how crappy the little AOD tranny's are...

Powershifting on a 20+ yr old tranny with the same 20+ yr old seals is not a good idea..

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
everyone tries to get me to burn out here and there, i prefer to hook not spin but its not like im throwing around alot of extra power.

plus tires arent cheap and the amount of awe and what have you isnt worth the fines you will get if you get caught in the act by the police.

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
how hard is it to make it a 5 speed?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.