Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 01 gt and i have the mach 460 sound system. i was wondering if there is any way that i could splice into the wires goin into the amp and hook up another amp. i want to keep the stock amps and head unit i just want to throw a ten in there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm sure you can, but you are def. going to be taking away power from the stock amp, depending on how much watage the other amp is. My advice would be to put a whole new amp in with some more guts to it, but it depends on what you are looking for sound wise.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mustangGT3685 said:
I'm sure you can, but you are def. going to be taking away power from the stock amp, depending on how much watage the other amp is. My advice would be to put a whole new amp in with some more guts to it, but it depends on what you are looking for sound wise.
i was thinking to splice into the amp that controls the back speakers. because it wouldnt really seem like i was loosing to much bass. im just going with a tiny amp.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If it is just the back amp, go for it. What kind of amp are you going to put in? How much wattage?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah, you'll get some sound out of that. You only have one amp that controls the back? I think on my 97 I have one amp per back speaker. Then again you could try and splice into the head unit, but you may not get what you are looking for out of the back speakers. But I don't think you would have a problem either way. Just make sure the speakers can take it.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
I just checked out that artical that is how mine is hooked up it was like that when I bought it I saw the line out converter hanging , so I pluged in an amp pulled the carpet up and sure enough there was the power and remote wire I put a new fuse in the power wire and works great I have a Sony 400w amp ran mono to a MTX 12'" sub in a single box sounds great and leaves a enough room in the trunk for the "honey stop at the store list". Good Luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.