Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 GT PP convertible and I'm looking to put a wing or spoiler on it . And I'm noticing there's not a lot of options I like for the convertible. Is it unheard of to put a wing made for a coupe on a vert..? There's a wing I like its a APR GTC200 wing I dig and it says it won't fit a convertible.....is that because of mounting holes on the underside of the lid won't match or the curve of it wont....Actual mounting surfaces don't look all that different to me , and to say you CAN'T put a coupe wing on a vert seems kind of silly to me. So here I am with my question...thanks in advance for any help on this matter...

·
Registered
11,085 Posts
do you want a real functional wing or just for appearance?

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
If you are looking for some of the best wings, splitters, etc., check out AJ Hartman Aero and GoodAero. Keep in mind, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are looking for some of the best wings, splitters, etc., check out AJ Hartman Aero and GoodAero. Keep in mind, you get what you pay for.
Yea.....those wings are way too BIG and really expensive....3+grand is way more than I want to spend ....The APR 200 is a $900 carbon fiber wing that will suit my needs more than the ones that are taller than my car for $3500...lol.

·
Registered
11,085 Posts
you said you wanted functional, he gave you functional, LOL ;) . . . they are tall because they need to get up into the "laminar" air flow to do much of anything

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you said you wanted functional, he gave you functional, LOL ;) . . . they are tall because they need to get up into the "laminar" air flow to do much of anything
Yea...the one I'm looking at is nice and is adjustable, but it's more akin to Style with a extra sprinkling of function...

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
One of the best technical video's on aero. The presenter (Kyle) is an ex-F1 team member (Team Mercedes), PhD professional aerodynamicist, race car consultant, and an amateur racer. Anyone looking to add aero to their car should understand what it is, what it does and how to properly set it all up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts