Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys.
im in the market for some street suspension upgrades.

i have come to the conclusion that coilovers are a bit to rough for street (especially the streets around here).

i want to put some performance coils on my fox, but am unsure about lowering.

i know that 2 inches is too far. but im a little scared to even go down ONE inch. is there anything even less of a drop? is it safe to drop a fox body 1.2 inches up front, and 1 inch in the back? (eibach spring kit). if i do this drop, will i need caster/camber plates for proper alignment? this is all for street.

i was planning on getting new springs, new struts/shocks, spring isolators, amd a steeda bumpsteer kit.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Coilovers are not rougher, depends on the springs and shocks.

You can safely lower it one inch, tops 1.5, more and ride quality will suffer.
1.2F & 1 R is OK with the eibach kit. You will not need CC plates, but considering the lack of adjustability of the Fox suspension, CC plates are a plus, the more caster you add, the nicer the steering response.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
In my Opinion Aftermarket C/C Plates should be on ALL Fox cars as the stock ones flex so much that your tire never maintains its alignment while your suspension is moving up and down.

·
Registered
123 Posts
if your still uneasy about lowering your car to much, they sell a great set of springs at this website. They give you a much improved sport handling but only lower your car around .5" for a notch and only around .85" for a convertable. thats the best way to go if your not looking to lower your car and you just want improved handling. they have a really weird name but you'll see them on this website, their orange and their called, "Sprangz" or something weird like that, click on "Mustang Suspension" and you should see them. they also have a nice set of ford racing springs that will lower your car around 1" as well... http://www.maximummotorsports.com/

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats the difference now between progressive rate and non-progressive rate springs???

·
Registered
123 Posts
oh boy am i dumb, i gave you the wrong website, try this one you might find what i was talking about befor, http://www.mustangtuning.com/springs.html
lol sorry i was thinking of a different website and when i clicked my link i noticed it was completely different, go to http://www.mustangtuning.com/ and you'll find what you need, plus they have free shipping on all orders

p.s. i have no idea what the difference is between progressive springs and non

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
k so ive come up with alist
im gonna purchase new springs, probably either eibach or FMS
new struts, new shocks
and caster/camber plates, probably upr, steeda, or D&D
and maybe a bumpsteer kit if im not broke.
and spring isolators

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
systronic said:
k so ive come up with alist
im gonna purchase new springs, probably either eibach or FMS
new struts, new shocks
and caster/camber plates, probably upr, steeda, or D&D
and maybe a bumpsteer kit if im not broke.
and spring isolators
Dont forget to add Maximum Motorsports to your list for C/C Plates!!!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so i was looking at c/c plates and found the qa1 plates...
they look like a good product, but have way more adjustment bolts on them
what are all those slots and holes for?!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.