Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kicked around the idea of a bunch of different interior overlay kits, but really didn't find anything that I really liked. So I decided to have the Radio Bezel, Center console and the window switch pieces color matched to the car.

I striped everything down and set it over the body shop. Here's how they look after getting them back and put back together:

I also bought and installed the chrome rings from Blue Oval

I'll get it put together on my lunch break and post pics of it in the car!

I also had the mirror caps painted to match as well.

Edit, Installed pics:

Mirror:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Now that turned out great... carried the outside color,inside. Why is this not an option? Did you clear coat the pieces as well?:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
210 Posts
Wow! I'd be a little scared to do that but it looks really good! Great accents for the interior!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Beautiful, how much did that cost you? I might be looking at my next upgrade :heha:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Looks great! I also am curious as to how much this cost you...

·
Registered
775 Posts
NICE! not sure i could pull off a white interior but you make it look good.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Very classy looking! One of the best mods I've seen thus far! I usually click on these threads expecting MUCH worse!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, the parts are clear coated.

I have a friend that runs a body shop, so barter work back and forth for our own projects. I didn't have to pay for this mod, but if I were to guess, a body shop would probably charge around $175-200 to do the same.

I kind of want to paint the brushed metal blue too. Like on older cars, the exterior paint was carried into the car onto the majority of the dash board.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I like it! It does remind me of older car interiors. Well done!

·
Registered
361 Posts
that looks incredible; i wish Ford offered that as an option from the factory!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I have to admit that it looks good, well done! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Very nice! I wouldn't go further with the blue though, unless maybe on the gray part of the steering wheel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.